Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ford bashing

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hi pinion, Jul 16, 2004.

1. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

let the ford bashing begin boys. /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif Because ive gone mustang crazy. Me and my wife are gonna buy one pretty soon, a 60s stang.........who here knows what the best mustang is?? What are some of the good valuable ones??? Whats the diff??? What years??? Were leaning more towars the convertibles. ANY OLD MUSCLECAR MUSTANG GUYS HERE??? I like this one, even though its not a vert. [​IMG]

2. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

nice Stang" /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'm a Chevy guy through and through, but I give Ford credit for the 60's Mustangs. I like the body style. I personally like the 67. A fastback would be cool too have.

4. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I'd go for the Boss 429... /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif....or any of the fastbacks are cool....

5. k5-newbie

k5-newbie 1/2 ton status

I am looking for a 65-67 Mustang vert for my father in law, but I personally have a 90 model with a 347 stroker and a 150 shot of NX /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif I have owned 2 early 90's model stangs and LOVE them, but I also have a 71 chevy stepside, a 50 model Chevy 5 window, and my 82 K5 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

I have a 87 LX Vert and like it a lot. I have also owned 66 and 68 stangs. I like my 87 a lot better than the eariler models I owned. Its a lot faster and handles better but it does not have the cool factor the older stangs have.
    As far as Value the basic notch backs are a dime a dozen.
    If you want one that is worth more try to find one that is rare. Convertibles, Shelby models, Boss models, Cobras, and Fastbacks All fetch a good price.
    One of the reasons I bought my 87 Mustang vert is because it was 1 of only 88 made like it. Its value just keeps going up.
    When I bought my mustang I was acually loking for a 3rd Gen Camaro. Thought I would drive the Mustang for compairison. Bad mistake. I fell in love with the Mustang forgot all about the Camaros and bought it.
    Good luck in your search /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. surpip

surpip 1 ton status

64 1/2 i had a chance to buy one when i was 18 for 2000 all original, but alas i did not have the money oh welll not much of a ford fan annyway, i would rather have a 69 camaro!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

8. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

What do you mean "Ford Bashing..." I Love Fords!! As to what is the BEST Mustang? That is all opinion and up to you? First you should try do decide which bodystyle do you want? I JUST sold my 68 Cougar, and will buy a new car in the next year or 2 and probably get a 'Stang. I like the 69's and 70's best myself. The 71's and 72's are pretty sweet, but alot bigger...but they also came w/ the 351C mostly which is a going sum bitch. If you want the earlier square body style, they are EASY to find. Do you want a 6cyl or a V8 car? If you buy a V8 car, check the vin and make sure it wasn't a 6cyl car that has been converted. The easy way to tell is that 6cyl cars were only 4 lug...but some people convert to 5 lug when they put the small blocks in, but most don't do the suspension upgrades that are supposed to be done.
    CHECK FOR RUST!!!!!!!!! Especially in the floorpans, trunk, cowl, and under the hood around the shock towers.
    Good luck in your hunt and let us know what you get!

9. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

sorry, but i personally hate mustangs...too many body lines. Chevy did a SUPER job during the muscle care era...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

Oh, don't get me wrong... the EARLY Camaro's and EARLY (pre 69) Chevelle's are bad ass... but you have to mortgage your god damn house if you want to buy a nice one, or even a good starter project...
    The sweet thing about the 'Stangs is that there were enough of them sold back in the day that you can still buy a decent, clean, unmolested car for under 4 to 5K on a daily basis!!

11. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    but you have to mortgage your god damn house if you want to buy a nice one, or even a good starter project...

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif yeah, tell me about it. My dream of owning a 67 chevelle is getting further away every year. Camaro's can still be picked up for a decent price(early ones).

if you like mustangs, its your choice though. we all got to live life the way we want to and thats the only way to live it. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

...I like all Muscle cars... Im eclectic!

13. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    sorry, but i personally hate mustangs...too many body lines. Chevy did a SUPER job during the muscle care era...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Ditto!!!! The camaro and vette have always been one step ahead of the mustang.

14. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I still think the '67 chevelle and '67 chevy II Nova are the top 2 muscle cars /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

15. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

actually jakeslim, thats what i wanted originally,but they cant be had for any less then 15 grand /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif this one is 8 grand /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif [​IMG]

16. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I still think the '67 chevelle and '67 chevy II Nova are the top 2 muscle cars /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think that the Nova II's were ever really built as a Muscle car were they? They were just kind of a grocery getter, but don't get me wrong...I love em' and now they ARE a muscle car. Lots of cars are now considered MUSCLE CARS even though back in the day they were nothing special... the early Nova,Cougars,Mavericks,etc...
    Anyways, if you want to talk REAL MUSCLE CARS then to hell w/ Ford and Chevy... nobody built em' back in the day like MOPAR... Charger, Challenger, Cuda', 6packs, Hemi's, Dana 60's, etc...!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

17. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

oh, I never knew that /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif I just thought they were because of the price tag, and rareness of them all.

18. hi pinion

hi pinion 3/4 ton status

another one i want is a SUPER BEE /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

The thing is that the price of all of the REAL muscle cars (Roadrunners, GTX'x, Chevelle's, Camaro's, Cuda's, Chargers, and all the others...) have gone so god damn high that the average Joe can't afford them, so those people like myself, have resorted to building other cars from the era... Now that fad has taken ahold and it has become very popular to build non muscle cars into muscle cars... things like the Maverick... hell, just the other day I saw a SWEEEEEEEEET Ford Fairmont w/ a blown SBF in it, jet black, tubbed and BITCHIN'!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I really like the rodded out Wagons personally... I want a 56ish Ford Wagon w/ a big block and a 4spd!

20. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

If I could choose just 1 muscle car to own it would probably be a 68/69 Charger... god I love those... Maybe it was just growing up watching the Dukes of Hazzard!!!