Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ford D60 availability and value?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by JackedK30, May 27, 2002.

1. JackedK30

JackedK30 Registered Member

can anyone give me some estimates on what a Ford D60 open knuckle front end is worth, and what is it's availability? I didn't get a chance to check if it was the reverse rotation unit. I believe all ford d60 fronts from the 70's were though, i'm not positive. I am looking to sell it, and want to know a ballpark figure. It is off a late 70's dually 1-ton. Thanks.

2. Rebel88

Rebel88 1/2 ton status

id say its worth 50 bucks...wanna sell it to me/forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Later

3. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

These are more rare than the chevy ones we like, and they are going high$$

4. 45acp

45acp 1/2 ton status

Jack, I can only tell you about mine however I had looked all over before I found the one I did buy. I purchased a 1978 Ford D60 housing only (king pins) for $700 in Montreal Canada from a fellow ColoradoK5 member (HDdave). I then had Dave locate the rest of the parts in Canada and do a complete rebuild includeing new ring & pinion, used inner shafts, used outer GM shafts, new disc brakes complete, New warn hubes, used GM shock mounts installed and then had it shipped to Tucson, Arizona via AirExpress. I think the total ended up costing about $2400. I consider it a good investment but also a risky way to buy something that turned out good for me. You will then need a Ford Tcase.

5. JackedK30

JackedK30 Registered Member

I'm guessing that you got a pretty good deal on that D60, from what I hear locally, people are buying junkyard GM units for $1500. I am just wondering if it is a fair price for the Ford D60 @ $1500. Thanks for the replies. $50 huh? Wouldn't all of us(except for me) love a deal like that! (:

6. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

$1000 will get you a quick buyer. $1500 may take a little time to find a buyer.

Why not try selling it on eBay? There are always stupid people who pay just about anything for this axle. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

Or, you can go to <a target="_blank" href=http://pirate4x4.com>pirate4x4.com</a>, register and sell it to one of those fruit cakes. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif