Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ford d60 front diff

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by sledheadak, Jul 7, 2005.

1. sledheadak

sledheadak 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

i have a ford d60 front diff.what mods have to be done to install it in my jimmy?i have a chevy 203 and a ford 205 tcase to do a doubler with.was wondering of any problems i might run into doing this swap.thanks mike.

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

Easiest thing to do would be to sell you chevy 203 and get a ford 203 (do they exist?) that has the drivers side front output shaft and you'd be set.

3. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

While Ford NP203s do exist that is NOT what you want if you are planning a doubler. Like you said you have what you need. If your Ford D60 is from a '78 or '79 the spring pads are in the right place, so you just need to worry about driveshafts & shocks. If its not you need to start measuring.

4. steve_kibbe

steve_kibbe 1/2 ton status

I talked to kyle.......I think at northwestfab about the same setup for my 72. He said it was best to use the chevy 203 box b/c you can clock the box and wont have the linkage issues. It will put the linkages on top. He also told me that I can choose what ever coupler I want. Fords have a 31 spline input, while most "doubler" cases use the 32 spline. I like his plates also b/c if you want to clock the 205 up or flat, you have the choice to do either. If you are in the market for the plates, I would give him a call. Very competitive price and very versitile.

Steve