Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ford D60 sterring arm???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MNorby, Aug 7, 2002.

1. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Would the ford D60 steering arm work on my GM d60? It looks like the Ford one is taller and may not need a steering block. Ideas? Thanks

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

I'm not sure about the height of the Ford arm but if I'm not mistaken it is a good bit longer (from knuckle to spring) than the Chevy arm, which would screw up geometry. You'd probably do better by getting a Dodge arm and changing the hole taper (direction and size) to fit your truck. The Dodge arm is the right length and I think you'll get about 2 or so lift from it.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Instead of spending money on the different arm why not go ahead and do the crossover now? They're so easy and cheap to do on the 60s that there's really no reason not to. </font color>

4. MNorby

MNorby 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I wish I coould do cross over right away. I need to come up with fund to finish paying off the 60 and come up with funds to rebuild it. I was looking at ORD's site this AM about teh cross over. I think I have a 2wd box so I will look into it. The steering block is like $60 though so apply that toward the cross over. Probably need to do a frame brace at the same time too