Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ford Dana 60

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by James90, May 10, 2001.

1. James90

James90 1/2 ton status

is there any way to use a ford dana60 in my blazer that would not cost me out my ass

I found a set frount and rear for 500.00

[​IMG]If you want to run cool
    you got to run on Heavy Heavy Fuel (106.1 RDU)

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.trailblazer90.coloradok5.com>http://www.trailblazer90.coloradok5.com</A>

2. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

Rear change spring pads and shock mount locations on the axle. Front it's gonna cost you if it can be done at all. Talking left drop versus right drop and location of the pumpkin. Ph**ds have the pumpkin located on the drivers side. Chevy's put them on the right side.

3. TX Mudder

TX Mudder 1/2 ton status

Could you get a NP231/241 from an 88-up and use it? Output is on R side I believe.
    -- Mike

4. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>The front will require MAJOR work to be put in a K5 (tubes removed from housing and switched, spring pads, shock mounts, ect) so your better off saving for a chevy 60 if you think you need one. What year are these axles from? Pre-75 (I think) dana 60 rears had 16 splines (weak) and the ford rears were way to narrow for a K5. Ask me how I know [​IMG] [​IMG]</font color=blue>

[​IMG]