Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ford & Dodge 8 lug wheels the same as Chevy bolt pattern?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bajaviking, Dec 3, 2004.

1. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

Are Ford & Dodge 8 lug wheels the same as Chevy bolt pattern?

2. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

Yes...sort of. Pre-99 Fords and all Dodge wheels will fit Chevy's (99+ Ford use a different metric pattern). That said, the Chevy wheels wont necessarily go the other way as the center hole may not be big enough for their hubs.

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

All 8 lug wheels have the same bolt pattern--the center hole diameter is different--ford rims will fit GM,but the center hole is larger,some folks dont like the fact they dont fit snugly against the axle flange,saying it put too much stress on the lug studs--I have run ford rims on my often overloaded 74 K20 for 10+years with no troubles--the dodge rims have smaller center holes,and wont fit over the axle flange--you'd have to torch out the centers,or machine them on a lathe if you have accsess to one to allow them to fit.IHC rims might have either size hole.Its best to measure twice,and buy once,when looking for rims!. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

4. bajaviking

bajaviking 1/2 ton status

I just installed my 14 bolt FF /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif which I already have wheels for, I am just looking for a cheapo wheel to use as a spare. Thanks guys.