Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ford Doubler: Attn Stephen

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by NoRulz, Apr 14, 2001.

1. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.pirate4x4.com/ubb/Forum10/HTML/008928.html>http://www.pirate4x4.com/ubb/Forum10/HTML/008928.html</A>

Stephen, take a peek here, I told ya I'd get you pictures of it when it was done with the differences of the supercab frame. I wanted it flush with the bottom of the framerail, but the doubler adapter hits the cab reinforcment rail, so I'm going to do a 1.5" body lift to get it up in there. Hopefully by the end of next week I'll have crossmembers in place, & I'll take some pictures I can mail up to ya. By the way, you wouldn't happen to have came up with a shifter setup for the Fords yet, have you? Thanks.

Matt

2. 82GMC

82GMC 1/2 ton status

Man I just dig the hacked frame on that beast!! My dream truck whould be a crew cab mounted on ether a 3/4 ton suburban frame or a reg-cab long box 1 ton frame with the frame hacked right behind the springs like you've got[​IMG].

[​IMG]

3. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

Thanks.
    I was a total pain to drive when the wheelbase was 158". Down around 125"-130" now, I think it's just about perfect.

4. drivelineman

drivelineman 1/2 ton status

just about - 1480 would just make it one tough ford -2 1/2 ton man! oh yeh

5. BMRCCR

BMRCCR Registered Member

Man that is pretty bad ass. I love things that are different. I'd go with bedsides and a prerunner style tire carrier. That thing is great. 3 t'cases? Insanity! I love it!

6. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status

heh, the 3 t-cases are easily possible, but I see no reason to do it.... I just said I could :-)
    torque converters overcome the need for ultra-low gears... but 4:1 is good..... 8:1 would be serious overkill for me

7. NoRulz

NoRulz 1/2 ton status