Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ford dual piston calipers on d60?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bshewmaker, Feb 5, 2004.

1. bshewmaker

bshewmaker Registered Member

Whats the deal with this? I've heard/read a little about this. Is this a direct bolt on? or total fab project? What model do these dual piston calipers come off of? Anything anybody knows will help.

2. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Keep the Ford calipers on the Ford Dana 60. You have to find a way to use the Ford caliper bracket on the GM D60. Besides, the Ford rotor is 1/4" thinner, and succeptable to warping & cracking.

These calipers may fit the GM D60 caliper bracket.... they're the rear caliper from a 98 3500HD w/ wrecker package:

[​IMG]

3. bshewmaker

bshewmaker Registered Member

thanks slow, I'm just getting my options together before I start to build the "Ultimate D60"

4. Desert Rat

Desert Rat Fetch the comfy chair

I'm in the same boat. I'm getting ready to build my D60 and only want to do it once. I'm set on the Dedenbear knuckles and probablly crossover steering. I see however, that Rockstomper also has a hybrid Ford/GM D60 brake setup ( http://www.rockstomper.com/catalog/brakes/fordgm60.htm ) that I want to look into. They say it allows for 15" rims with no grinding. Curious if anyone here has used it. I'm also thinking of upgrading to the 35 outers but I've read all the nightmares about the hub locks turning or binding.