Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ford E4OD

Discussion in 'Parts & Trucks Wanted' started by daleearnhardt01, Jul 18, 2004.

1. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

I know its a long shot but need a E4OD for a 95 Bronco 4x4...

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    I know its a long shot but need a E4OD for a 95 Bronco 4x4...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, really sorry for you /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif Those tranny's are a PITA. OD is weak and very prone to failure. I have a set of rebuild and update manuals I can sell you if you decide to rebuild it yourself.

3. crazy427

crazy427 1/2 ton status

Jus get it rebuilt and updated by a respectable shop. There enough parts in there to make a man go /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

4. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

Dont be sorry for me, be sorry for my Ford loving friend... /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif No way Id own a Bronco, thats why I own a K5 /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

5. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Jus get it rebuilt and updated by a respectable shop. There enough parts in there to make a man go /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Rebuilding one is easy. I've done it 4 times now in about 1.5 years of owning a F350 w/7.3L diesel. The hard part is figuring out which updates will make the tranny last. The answer I found is to sell it as fast as you can when it is running good /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif