Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ford parts on a TPI setup, anyone know the company?

Discussion in 'The Injection Section' started by sled_dog, Sep 20, 2006.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I remember seeing a company that made adapter harnesses and sold parts a bit back. They had little jumper harnesses from Ford TPS to the TPI wiring harness and crap like that(other stuff I can't remember). The purpose was to use some different Ford stuff to make a more universal setup, if I remember right. I'd likely never want to use the jumper harness (if you are going that far why not just redo the end of the harness to the Ford connector?) but the parts interest me. I want to build a fuel injected small block for Dad's Firebird, but I don't want to use any factory Chevy intake manifold.

2. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

found it on my own...
    http://www.raceprovenmotors.com/index.html

I know some of you think "why?" Its simple. You can get adapters to mount a Ford TB to a aftermarket intake manifold(say a holley or something of the like), you can't for TPI or LS1 TBs. That and the Ford TB doesn't have coolant passages in it that need to be bypassed(since they are in the EGR adapter plate). Makes sense to me anyway. And Ford Mustang TBs are a lot cheaper than the 4 barrel thing Holley sells(which are almost $1000).

Couple a Ford TB with this manifold: http://www.holley.com/data/products/pictures/large9901-101-1.jpg
    and a set of fuel rails... eh who knows maybe something simpler would be better.

Ok now that I've had a conversation with myself its time to go eat.

3. Jefferson-Mo

Jefferson-Mo 1/2 ton status

4. 84blazend

84blazend Registered Member

When I put injectors in my 89 IROCZ, I bought bosch ford injectors from five-o-motorsports. You should be able to find them on google. I had good luck with them