Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ford Parts smokes crack...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Mar 9, 2006.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

$673 per axle shaft for a Dana 60 semi floater :haha: Priced them up for a rear I pulled apart at work today. Carrier is wasted in the truck, so we started listing off what it needed, the axleshafts weren't my call but who am I to argue in this situation? I broke out laughing when I saw the price. I informed my writer I could build him a dana 60 with high quality axles and an air locker for that price, haha.

2. 1985_K5_Silverado

1985_K5_Silverado 1/2 ton status

Have you seen what GM lists the K5 removable top at (if they are even available, and not just a dead catalog item)? Something like 3400 bucks I think. You could buy a pretty good condition complete K5 for that. Lemme go look...

Here it is, an 81-91 hardtop, $4950 list, $3800 "your price". I'd buy a rotted K5 with a good top and junk the truck to get a top before I'd pay for a new one.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

got to love the dealership. haha

I asked parts about getting some parts for my Dana 60 front axle, I said "1979 F350", they just laughed and said "why would you want parts that old?"

4. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

thats when you make a unauthorized phone call to the guy telling him to pick it up and youll do it for half the cost;):whistle:

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

if it weren't a local cable company fleet truck, I would heavily consider it.

6. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

then that definetly changes things:D thats how i get side work though. when the big bosses come, whether it be owners, managment, whatever ill strike up conversations with em. before you know it im putting ceilings in thier finished basements (and most of the time am making a killing!:D)

7. buffblazer

buffblazer 1/2 ton status

heck you can one for free on the parts trader (i have seen people just trying to throw them away

8. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

yeah but not semifloaters with disc brakes and a ford tone ring/speed sensor on the ring and pinion. Worked it out today, $2500 job labor included we are puting an axle in it. Hope I get to do it. I'm slow as can be doing most stuff but I whipped that axle back together in no time today so I could drive it out of the shop. Give me a truck with something I'm somewhat familiar with and I do fine, ha.