Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ford SD's gone crazy!?!?!?!

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by teamhickman, Sep 13, 2004.

1. teamhickman

teamhickman 1/2 ton status

Ford SD\'s gone crazy!?!?!?!

So what's up with all the lifted (8+") Ford SD’s running around here in the valley? I saw 3 today that were sitting on at least 38's and one had to have had 44's on it. I mean really, I've never seen one that looks as if it had ever been down a gravel road much less done any actual 4-wheeling. I can’t understand this, we don't have a lot of mud, the gas mileage must be horrible, too tall to pull a trailer with and I'll bet they’ve got well over 40K invested.

I know, I know…..To each his own! I’m not trying to “Slam” anyone but my god, the cost and effort is staggering to me only to end up with a *truck* that you are to afraid to use. I’ve seen one of them over and over again so I know it’s his daily driver and he’s running around on 38” swampers….on a daily driver……..every day……..to and from work…….I really wish I had that kind of disposable income!

OK, I feel better…. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

Andrew

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

Re: Ford SD\'s gone crazy!?!?!?!

Same thing with Dodges and Chevies too. I saw a pretty Dodge yesterday , tire size looked right with the wheelwells , thought it would be cool to wheel ........... until I saw the six inch blocks out back , just waiting to break something . I bet they never retorque either . Its a great country , and we can do what we want . But damn . They also like to run the big funky rim sizes too . Between these " Off Road " truck owners , and the "SUV" owners , no wonder not many "TRUCKS" are made anymore . /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Oh well , to EAT their own /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. SHAWNSTER

SHAWNSTER 1/2 ton status

a buddy of mine has an 03 ford sd with 8" lift and 38s-he wheels the sheat out of it-dealer wont touch it anymore cuz he has beat it and had a lot of probs out of it-has over 100k miles already also-it has at least 500hp not a straight peice of metal on the whole truck

4. teamhickman

That's great, at least he's is using it. I have yet to see one around here that looks like it's ever been off road.

I can't say I would treat a new truck like that but again, to each his own and at least he's doing something with it.

Andrew

5. nau81blazer

nau81blazer 1/2 ton status

Ya, Chandler has those things running all over the place. My favorite is when they have all the lift and no front driveshaft installed...........makes me laugh.

--Adam /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

6. teamhickman

No kidding....I haven't seen that yet but it wouldn't surprise me!

7. pauly383

[ QUOTE ]
    No kidding....I haven't seen that yet but it wouldn't surprise me!

[/ QUOTE ]

Be on the lookout for a blonde kid going for that "tough guy thug look" . He is seen peroidically in the east valley in a clean IFS Suburban . It has a swapped in straight axle d44 , running 44's I believe and no front driveshaft /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

There is also a clean early 2nd generation Blazer around I sold some parts to the kid while in my Tempe store . He was too happy to answer my question of " Did you build that ?" with " I just bought it " /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif This thing is too high for a Blazer and has the same large tires , funky paint , and a homemade 2 mile drop receiver hitch . But I think he has a driveshaft , albeit a long one with a CV /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. teamhickman

LOL...is the blazer white? I saw a white one a coouple of days ago, sky high on 44's.....looked pretty silly.

Speaking of blazer sightings, I keep seeing an 1st gen "Golden brown" one right near where I live. No top full cage, looks like he uses it. I see it all the time heading north bound on Kyrene from chandler. Anyone on the board?

Andrew

9. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    a buddy of mine has an 03 ford sd with 8" lift and 38s-he wheels the sheat out of it-dealer wont touch it anymore cuz he has beat it and had a lot of probs out of it-has over 100k miles already also-it has at least 500hp not a straight peice of metal on the whole truck

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif
    makes me fell good to know that im not the only one thats beats the crap out of new fords(mom's 99 ford 2wd prerunner /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif).

10. k5redneck

k5redneck 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Ya, Chandler has those things running all over the place. My favorite is when they have all the lift and no front driveshaft installed...........makes me laugh.

--Adam /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

sdhq on baseline in gilbert has at least 2 trucks siting out front with no front d-shafts. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

11. pauly383

[ QUOTE ]
    LOL...is the blazer white? I saw a white one a coouple of days ago, sky high on 44's.....looked pretty silly.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, its mutli colored , kinda looked purple or black and silver .

I have seen the white one last year leaving the Toby Keith concert . We both stopped at circle k after leaving and me and my wifes friends husband were laughing at his truck and trying to talk loud enough for him to hear .

Funny thing is my truck was stock height then , and still got wheeled

12. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Good guys back in the shop at sdhq though. Used to work down the row from them for a bit. Also a Toyota Atlantic series car housed in the same row of warehouses.