Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ford Shock Mount

Discussion in 'OffRoad Design' started by sf_wood, Apr 20, 2005.

1. sf_wood

sf_wood Registered Member

Just ordered mounts(p#e5tz-18183-a) 11.95 from ford.How do i mount them,what position? I have a 1977 K10 465/205/d44/14bff. Also,on my 14bolt the lower shock mounts hang below axle tubes,how and where do i reposition them.Just so you know., i just ordered a complete ORD 6" lift with all the goodies.Greasable everything,shackle flip,etc. What should i do about steering up grades?Still haven't ordered shocks, any ideas? :ears:

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

3. Stephen

Stephen 1/2 ton status Moderator Vendor

That give you some good info on the shock mounts, quick, easy and with pics.
    For the rear, on my Sub I used some of our shock mount tabs and rotated the mounts up to where they're about level with the bottom of the tube and it's worked well.
    Steering? Crossover is pretty much the universal answer for the reason that it works well. For something to run with while you sort out the crossover details you can run the 4" raised steering arm and it works OK. For more power about all you can do is run the hydro assist, we have a couple of different ways to go there too.

For shocks, do a quick search on here, I talked a bit about shock options just in the last couple of days. It should be in the last 2-3 days' posts.

4. sf_wood

sf_wood Registered Member

You guys kickass.Excellent customer service,hardcore products.Very good tech advice.I will be buying all future parts from OFFROAD DESIGNS.
    THANKS!