Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ford shock tower LOWER MOUNT and shock questions

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big83chevy4x4, Apr 23, 2003.

1. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

how did everyone mount their front shock on the axle with the ford shock towers? pics please. www.fordpartsonline.com has these shock mounts for 9.40 each plus shipping.

what would be a good travel shock to run with these. i was thinking about rancho 5012. im going to be running a 6" lift. what are the specs on these also. what is a reasonable price for them. also what is a comparable shock in a different brand, like skyjacker.

btw, ive searched on this and found nothing.

2. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

You don't need to change the mounts on the axles, they work with no problems. The 5012s work. A lot of people on this site are running this setup with the 9012s including myself. Which has the same demensions as the 5012. I think the demensions are something like 35" Ext. and 22" col.

3. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I'm running non-modified lowers too although i'd like to tuck them up out of harms way someday. I've got procomp ES3000 with 14" travel on mine and like them a lot with flexy springs.