Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ford springs and poly bushings...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 55Willy, Sep 26, 2002.

1. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I got my fords all ready to be put in and found out the chevy bushings don't fit, you can have one set turned down for the spring eye but the other eye is 1 5/8" where as the chevy set i have are 1.5. so I ordered a set for the 57" fords....OMG you wouldn't believe my luck..here goes....

I can order from Compitition specialties through work..." sorry we are out..will be 5 weeks"

So i called performance warehouse... "we don't stock it"

called the local 4x4 shop. "we don't stock those" so I was talking to him on twhat the deal was..turned out energy suspension had a ware house fire, they have one evey 6 months for the past 15 years :O

so as a last resort I called $wPW and they had one set left hanging around on the dusty shelfs of thier texas store, long story short they will be on my door step on monday.

-Jeremy

pics to come of 57" fords with ORD brackets and "low rider" shackles...project 52"s up front to follow

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

sweet deal...try and get some pics.

3. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

I got the camera by my side during the whole thing.

4. Judd

Judd 1/2 ton status

Hey, what up with the Ford springs? Are they longer and give better flex? Newbie to the full size thing and would like to get some ideas on my K5.

5. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

yeah. here is a write up on it. 57" Ford Springs they give better flex and softer ride. i wanna do this. later.

jacob

6. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

Geez I never posted my pics to this...LOL I'll get soem rounded up. turned out sweet. Although I already changed my set up. turning the fords around tomorrow