Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ford Super Duty Springs??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Mudbug1979, Mar 25, 2003.

1. Mudbug1979

Mudbug1979 1/2 ton status

I was wondering about some springs that I have been stepping over for about 3 months now. I work at an aftermarket accessories store and we do lift kits and various things. We've done some recent lift kits on some super duty (F-250,F-350) and the customers did not want there factory springs. I have seen some posts were some of you have said to use some Ford 57" springs. The measurement on the super duty springs is 61" from eye to eye. Has anyone ever tried this or heard of this. I'm sure it will ride alot ruffer and not flex as well, but wouldn't it give about 6" of lift? I have a 4" and am running some 15/35/15 TSL's with minor trimming, but I can't flex all the way with out rubbing. Just wondering. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

2. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I know a few guys that runn them and there very soft but be careful i work for the ford dealer here and weve been replacing packs but im not sure why i think it has something to do with one of the spring clamps or lack of /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

yea that sounds like a issue, i was worried about that with my truck, because i only have 1 spring clamp on the rear springs on each side, and only 1 spring clamp per side on the front springs as well, and the front springs shift alot, but im putting new R\C 4" lift springs all around, so the old springs will be put out to pasuture. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif