Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ford to chevy will it work?????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by blublaz, Nov 17, 2005.

1. blublaz

blublaz 1/2 ton status

I need to do the 8 lug conversion on my blazer but i cant seem to find the parts , I have a friend that has a 10 bolt 8 lug ford front end ...will that work on my 10 bolt ?????? are 8 lug stuff the same ??? thanks in advance for help ...this is like the last thing i have to do to be finished so im very anxious to get it done ,Thanks again Don

2. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

The main difference that I remember is that the F**d has a 5 stud knuckle, Chevy has 6. Tie rods and links are different I think. Then you just have to remember that it is F**d whenever you need a part. What do you need? I think I have extra 8 lug conversion parts in the garage. Shipping would be high though. If you were to buy calipers and/or rotors at your local parts house it would be cheaper on shipping. I would really recommend at least new calipers. I think they are like 20 bucks and I have seen the part # for rotors here. I think they are like 60 bucks.

3. blublaz

blublaz 1/2 ton status

i can buy the calipers and rotors i just need backing plates and the rest of the stuff no locking hubs i have new warn ...so let me know if you got the stuff i would really appreciate it thanks

4. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

isnt the pumpkin on the other side on Fords? Also probably a D44, but that shouldnt matter

5. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Got it. Whats it worth to ya?