Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ford towers are DISCONTINUED!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84_Chevy_K10, Jan 21, 2004.

1. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

The Ford towers are discontinued. I'm calling around everywhere in the country that has them and buying every single one I can find.

I am trying to get four for myself and I may choose to sell any that I get that I won't use, but we're all at he mercy of the dealerships that still have them, and in the VERY near future, they may be completely unavailable.

THIS SUCKS!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

Call around to your local chrome bolt on shop. The throw those things away when they build a Stupid Duty on 38's Just ask and offer a couple of bucks for the trouble and you would be suprised how many are out there.

3. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I've already got two sets for my rig on the way. It's you other guys I'm worried about.

I'm considering trying to make a set work in the rear to get some additional travel from my Gabrials. Not sure if it'll end up worth it or not, if I decide no, you'll find them on sale in the for sale board here in a few weeks.

You might be shocked at the cost. These puppies weren't cheap after I payed the freight to get them.

4. DougK20

DougK20 1/2 ton status

Not too big of deal. The towers on the new super duty's work too. Just more expensive and not as fab "able".

5. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Didn't this happen once before? Everyone went apeshit and in six months they were back under $20. There are tons of these brackes out there, or you can just bend up a hoop.

6. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Didn't this happen once before? Everyone went apeshit and in six months they were back under $20. There are tons of these brackes out there, or you can just bend up a hoop.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got two pairs for mine already....I'm just letting everyone else know!

7. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

who cares? Shock mounts are so easy to make and so many places sell them out there. I honestly feel is was a wasted $13 when I bought my set, but to each his own.

8. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

Who wants ford crap on their chevy anyway...

9. Waxer

Waxer 1/2 ton status Author

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's just stamped steel. Making a fuss over "Ford" parts going on a "Chevy" or visa versa is just immature, but then again I can see who this came from so I'm not surprised one bit. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just those of us that want wheel travel and actually 'wheel our trucks instead of just using a perfectly good 4x4 to cruise the mall.

11. K5MONSTERCHEV

K5MONSTERCHEV 1/2 ton status

They are still here in CA.

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's just stamped steel. Making a fuss over "Ford" parts going on a "Chevy" or visa versa is just immature, but then again I can see who this came from so I'm not surprised one bit. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the heads up, i will be at a ford dealer tommarow, and if they dont have any, i know my local chrome shop just built 2 super dutys in the last 2 weeks.

14. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm calling around everywhere in the country that has them and buying every single one I can find.

[/ QUOTE ]

Find the die insted...
    We have a Minster press that can knock-out a couple thousand of those brackets...
    for a buck or 2!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

15. wayne

wayne 3/4 ton status

As far as I know they have been discontinued for at least 2 or more years. Don't sweat it though since there are tons of them still at dealers around the country. They also work great on Jeep YJ's among other things.

And an answer on who would want Ford crap on a GM: Me and about 1000 other members here and if that's a problem go someplace else to bother everybody. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

16. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

Maybe you guys can find them at a junkyard. Well maybe you need torches too...

17. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Maybe you guys can find them at a junkyard. Well maybe you need torches too...

[/ QUOTE ]

Or you can buy my 2nd set from me if I decide I don't need them. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif