Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ford tranny ?

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by k5ntexas, Dec 6, 2001.

1. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

ok this is for a friend of mine. i was wondering what kind of transmission is on a 1986 ford 351ci engine. its a three speed automatic. i know that much. thats all the info i know. she was wondering how much a new one would cost. what kind of tranny is it also if ya'll know. thanx in advance. later

jacob

what is that low rider doing under my k5?
    wow nice lil jap car. whats it good for?

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

3. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

I would say its a c-4, because c-6s are pretty rare in small block fords. Either way if you want a good ford tranny get one though dynamic they build awsome trannys. We have had them build a few trannys and have had a c-4 last 40 passes in a mid 8 sec car (1,100 hp)

86Jimmy 4"&35"MTRs,87 burb 4"&33"MT,69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>

4. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

What kind of vehicle is it .If its a truck or van its a C6,a car its a C4.A C4 with stock hard parts and a shift kit will take a considerable amount of abuse,C6s are even better.

Some people shouldnt drive anything bigger than their head.<a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang>community.webshots.com/user/beaterwhang</a>

5. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

its a truck. i'm not sure if its 4wd or not cuss it ain't mine. i'm just askin for her. she asked me what a good price is on a new or if not new tranny. the best deal they could find was 1000. i'm not sure if its good or bad. thanx for the info ya'll. later.

jacob

what is that low rider doing under my k5?
    wow nice lil jap car. whats it good for?

6. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator