Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ford Versus Chevy

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 1-ton, Jun 10, 2004.

1. 1-ton

1-ton 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Have you ever noticed when you look in the classified adds under "Trucks for Sale", that there are three times more Fords for sale than there is Chevy's? Is this because Fords are big pieces of junk that their owners don't want to deal with anymore, and they just want to unload them on somebody else; or is it because "Ford is the best selling truck"?

When I bought my Chevy 1-ton 4X4, it took three months of searching the classifieds before I found one. I ran over to the peoples house, who owned the truck, only two hours after the classified add came out and jumped on it, yet I saw dozens of Ford 1-ton 4X4 trucks adds run over and over again for months because there was no buyer for it.

2. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

dude put it on a ford board WE KNOW!!!!!!!!
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

3. smokkey1

smokkey1 1/2 ton status

that's very true when we were looking for a new 4x4 project in the truck trader there would be the same fords every month but never the same chevy's.

4. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

I own 3 Fords and 1 Chevy /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif The only reason I got a Chevy is cuz the price was right.

Ford is good /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

5. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

I like the 79 and older fords

6. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

TTB is the straw that breaks the camel's back. Cost more to rebuild that crap than an engine or tranny. Better sell it before it steers you into a ditch /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I own 3 Fords and 1 Chevy /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif The only reason I got a Chevy is cuz the price was right.

Ford is good /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, Ford is very good. I love mine, and I'm sure I'll love my new one. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

I personally don't like fords, with my dads 80's f-250, it took alot of work for it to run properly, things kept on breaking. /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

9. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    dude put it on a ford board WE KNOW!!!!!!!!
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Is there a Ford Board?

10. mahorney

mahorney Registered Member

The Fords didn't tend to rust as bad/quickly, so there's more still around. Supply and demand.

11. ugly_blazer

ugly_blazer 1/2 ton status

There are just as many chevys for sale around here as there are fords.

I wish that the older chevy trucks had some of the things that fords did - extended cabs, high pinion fronts, divorced NP205's... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

12. imaginepro

imaginepro Registered Member

I like some fords and I would be lying if I did not like that beautiful thing called a box bronco with a 9" (my dad has one) But CHEVY all the way. I like working on my truck so much more then a ford, the only thing I can say bad about chevy design is the damn distributer cap in the back I think that is a dumb place for it and I like it up front on some fords other than that. And Just one more thing 14BFF can you say any more. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

13. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

there are more newer fords for sale here than newer chevys, hardely do you ever find a older chevy, but tons of older fords for sale. there are plenty of both driven everywhere /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

i have worked on my friends fords and his and my chevys, the chevys are better designed for working on them, even though you dont need to as much.

i like the distributer in the back, takes too much room in front, plus it would be the first to get hit by water and then kill the motor (another friends truck did that)