Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ford Website ????

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by tiger9297, Jan 12, 2005.

1. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

My wife's grandfather left us a 1967 F100. This truck is in excellent condition. I drove it 6 hours from his home to our home when we went to pick it up. It never missed a beat. I do have some questions about it though. Do any of you know of a website similar to CK5 that has to do with old Fords? I have never owned a Ford. Chevy all the way for me. It is a nice truck though. Thanks

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

67 should be pretty basic. I'm sure with as many members that we have here, that most of your questions can be answered. What do you need too know ??

3. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

Well I would like to know what is the gear ratio i this thing. It has a 3 speed auto. (rare for that age). It is geared very low pretty much as soon as you start rolling it shifts into second. I would like to swap the rearend for a higher speed so I can run on the highway better. It also has a piston type A/C compressor and I would like to know if I could swap that one for a newer rotary compressor. Simple questions I guess. I would also like access to parts. Not too many Ford parts on a Chevy website. Honestly I wish it were a Chevy but it was free.

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

www.ford-trucks.com is one good one. I dont think they have any forsale/wanted forums though. Just tech info.

5. Poohbair

Poohbair 1/2 ton status

What kind of parts are you looking for? I have a 1970 (most parts are the same as the 67) that I am going to be parting out in the next couple of weeks...