Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

$#@!*#! Fords ! RANT

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Thunder, Jun 28, 2003.

1. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Now I know why I love GM so much.
    Bout 6 weeks ago in a fit of insanity I bought a 87 Ford Mostang 5.0. Acually it is a great little car, lots of fun, very fast and runs good. It just has a few small issues to straighten out.I have always liked those Fox body mustangs.
    But I sure wish it was as simple as GM stuff. It seems anything with the blue oval is needlesly complicated.
    The FI system has miles of wires and vacume lines. Compaired to GM they are a nightmare. Evet look thru 10,000 miles of vacume hoses to find a leak?
    So yesterday I was happily driving along and suddnly lost my Tach and all guages.
    Went home to check it out. Found the circut had a direct short. Wireing diagram said the fuse that blew controled Tach, Carburetor /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif?{in a FId Car?) Electric fan /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif(no electric fan in my car)

Well that was no help so I started to trace wires. Pulled the fuse box and found the wire with the short. Traced it up to the dash, pulled the dash, Disconnected wires from dash. Still had a short so the dash/guages were ok.. Looked close at the connector. Found it had another wire piggybacked on to the wire with the short.
    Ahah! I said. The wire dissapeared into the engine compartment. After quite a search i found where it came out of the wireing harness and dissappeared into an opening where the windsheild washer/tank is located.
    The washer/tank is located between the outer fender and inner fender /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif almost innacessable without removing the fender. The wire went to a sensor on the tank that tells you that you are out of water But my Mustang has no indacator light /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif
    Anyhow.... the wire got pinched between the tank and the body and shorted to the body. A quick snip with the wire cutters fixed it.
    Took me 5 hours to find a simple short /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    I did a fair ammount of cussing. My neighbor(a ford driver) couldn't help but overhear. I told him I was speaking a language only Fords understand. He smiled knowingly.
    I pity people who have to depend on a Ford for a daily driver.
    Fix Or Repair Daily! its not just a saying. Its a way of life.
    Maby I can figgure out a way of sticking a 350 with TPI in it. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Flip
    Over
    Read
    Directions

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

driver
    returns
    on
    foot

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Fucked Over Rebuilt Datsun (I couldn't put down Dodge that badly./forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif )

5. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

Fixed
    Often
    Repair
    Daily

6. BranndonC

BranndonC 3/4 ton status

F Z3PR
    O Needs
    R To Post
    D Less

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    F Z3PR
    O Needs
    R To Post
    D Less

[/ QUOTE ]/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I can post/reply as much as I like. Hell, I've hardly been on the computer over the last few days.

8. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I have a Ford E150 Full Size Van for my daily driver/work truck. Napa gave me a cap because I spend so much money in there on my Ford. I use the Haines Manual and I think I have replaced everything but the motor. I love the motor. My 302 EFI 5.0 now has 254K on it and running strong. Haven't had any problems with electrical untill the last few days. Now the "Air Bag" light is blinking... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

9. 4x4dreamer

4x4dreamer 1/2 ton status

Found
    On
    Roadside
    Dead

10. landsmasher

Figure
    On
    Replacing
    Daford

11. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I have a Ford E150 Full Size Van for my daily driver/work truck. Napa gave me a cap because I spend so much money in there on my Ford. I use the Haines Manual and I think I have replaced everything but the motor. I love the motor. My 302 EFI 5.0 now has 254K on it and running strong. Haven't had any problems with electrical untill the last few days. Now the "Air Bag" light is blinking... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, they gave me a free leather football! I spent about $500 in two weeks on my Yukon and I guess they felt bad for me! /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

12. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    F Z3PR
    O Needs
    R To Post
    D Less

[/ QUOTE ]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. GORRILLA

GORRILLA 1/2 ton status

friggin
    owners
    really
    dumb

Gorilla /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

I guess Im an idiot then,I own 3 Fords /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif The only reason I gots a Chevy is cuz the price was right /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Failure
    On
    Race
    Day

/forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

16. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I guess Im an idiot then,I own 3 Fords /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif The only reason I gots a Chevy is cuz the price was right /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I had trouble keeping up with your Fords at a couple points /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

At least I learned that riding next to Ken going through Pacheco Pass with my Flowmaster One Chamber reverbarated off the concrete divider and him on the throttle of the Super Duty on the other side was not a good thing [​IMG]

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

17. landsmasher

[ QUOTE ]
    they gave me a free leather football!

[/ QUOTE ]

They ought to give me a hooker with all I've spent in there. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif