Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Foregoing money, which 4l80e controller?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by PsRumors, Feb 11, 2007.

1. PsRumors

PsRumors 1/2 ton status

Nov 11, 2006
    If you have 1st hand experience with one or more of the 4l80e aftermarket controllers out there I would like to hear your opinions.

One of the things I noticed is TCI's TCU system comes with a floppy and no cd is available. I have not had a floppy drive in several years. Could by an external drive but the should have a CD.

The Compushift unit of course has a controller available, which is nice. At least I think it is nice, never seen one.

I am not to interested in hunting the junkyards for a diesel controller and all that goes along with it. Rather stay with aftermarket. Are there any other aftermarket ones I am missing?

Are they truelly easy to set up? How much fine tuning will be required? Does either have a better base map?

Thanks for the input. The 700r4's pump is knocking pretty bad, the 4l80e will be here middle of next week. Got to get the parts together so I can get the install done hopefully next weekend.
  2. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

Jan 29, 2004
    well im swapping one in my diesel rig, im using the stock stand alone computer for now, til funds allow,then i will be going with the TCI one. "neverendingproject" runs one of those and he loves it