Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Forest Fires Suck!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Rockblazer, Aug 30, 2000.

1. Rockblazer

Rockblazer 1/2 ton status

Well it finally happened. Our 18th annual Dakota Territory Challenges has officially been canceled, due to a forest fire in the Southern Black hills. It has now consumed 75,000 acres. At first they thought the fire was started from a lightening strike, now they have found evidence that it was arson. Thanks pal! Nothing like calling back 80 plus participants and telling them not to come! Approximately 20 rigs have already arrived. Yikes, hate telling them. If you are caught off of any improved gravel road, the fine starts at $5000! Oh well, would anyone like a dated t-shirt? Ha! Just had to vent guys! Major dissapointment! Take care... Todd

"You're right... I don't understand that Jeep thing!"

2. Canuck

Canuck 1/2 ton status

Sorry to hear that dude. Maybe you can modify the T's like "Burnt Out" or something.

Canuck

Go Wide or Stay @ Home

3. Gold Rush

Gold Rush 1/2 ton status

Todd,

Thanks for all the help while I was there! Sorry to hear that the challenge has been canceled!!! I still have the ash all over the dually from the damn fire and sprinkles from last weekend. Over 600,000 acres have burned up in Montana and 2 spots the fire was up to the interstate on my way back.

I had a blast out there and thanks for taking me on "Full Size". Hopefully I'll have pictures posted to my site by next week. For now I'll just attach one picture to this post.

[​IMG] http://www.goldrush.coloradok5.com