Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Forget The Pickup

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by pauly383, Nov 7, 2006.

1. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

**** World Motors on Scottsdale Road in Arizona . No way am I playing the "well someone offered us more so we want more " GAME :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2006
  2. BROKEN-ONE

BROKEN-ONE Registered Member

check the milage

if the truck has low milage , buy it . it looks good in the pic . nice find .

3. RockinChevy

RockinChevy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

If it was me, I would choose the burb over this truck, since I have 2 boys, 8 and 10. I would want the most space for their legroom and camping gear. Plenty of room to sleep in the back, even when it's raining hard and no time to pitch a tent. Been there a bunch of times in my Blazer. It's all a matter of personal preference.....
    Your wife will be comfy in the front seat but what about your little ones (not sure if you have children or not), how comfy they might be in that truck? There's only one rear door there. If you don't mind walking around the truck to open that door.... you know? Thats my reason for not buying that truck my dad offered me 5 years ago (same model year as in the pic). It pissed him off but I really didn't go camping and wheeling that time, so I didn't feel it was worth the money. That is until I bought the Blazer 2 years ago, been happy since.
    But 3 grand is not a bad price, hope you find a burb for that price, if you go that route.

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

To bad your not up here paul, burbs seem to be a dime a dozen up here

5. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

thats a very clean truck!

we've towed a k5 with 6" lift and 35s from NY through NYC to VA with a Toy T100 with the 42's from the k5 in the bed of the toy, so i dont think you would get laughed at haha

Last edited: Nov 7, 2006
  6. vortec

vortec 1/2 ton status

3 grand? what's wrong with it? even base engine (4.3L v6), that's well under blue book, at least in my area. but, if it's in nice shape, grab that sucker, fast. my '94 xcab c1500 is a great dd and and i've towed my blazer and heavier with it (i know, i'm not supposed to with a 4.3L and 4L60e). i vote yeah!

oh, and by the way, you can fit 9 college students in the cab, and 10 in the bed. i didn't do it very far, though. about one mile, to the next party. college was fun. :saweet:

7. pauly383

208,000 :wink1:

8. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

Pauly,

Join the ranks of the "slow gassers"....:wink1:

Not all of us can afford the "money" tow rigs [like you know who.... :ignore:], and in that case w/ a good trailer this may make a decent tow rig..... You just can't be in a hurry or you gonna burn somethin' up...

But I must say, I like the 95 and older TBI trucks over the Vortec 350's. They are not as powerful, but they seem to be more durable and I think crate motors are cheaper.

My Tahoe has 198k. It does however have a NEW crate motor and trans installed @ 167k.

Marv

9. vortec

vortec 1/2 ton status

woah, 208k miles? mine has 117k and is still really solid, and it took 263k for my blazer 350 to spin a bearing and snap a rod. my friend got 310 out of his 4.3L in his old s10. he didn't tow or haul, though. so, i guess what i'm saying is, these engines can really outlive what you'd expect, if you treat them right, but towing a big beast on that old engine might not be wise.

10. gmc4cw

gmc4cw 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

condition is everything. if the exterior looks as good in person then the interior should look good also. That being said, if the truck was taken care of appearance wise then the engine may have received the same care. normally with that mileage I would suggest running away from it before it dies from you looking at it.

11. pauly383

You can eat off this engine , and I did check all the fluids and and nothing smeels funny , or looks bad .

12. BROKEN-ONE

BROKEN-ONE Registered Member

ask

ask if you can take it for the weekend for a test drive . this will tell you a lot about a car or truck . ie morning starts , weird noises , ect . i think you have found a good one . i would buy it . if you are worried about the milage part , see if you can get them down a bit on the price . like $200 or $300 ,less . if it was close to me it would be gone already .

13. pauly383

The car lot can get bent by themselves in an alley !!

14. mostwanted

mostwanted 1/2 ton status

Soooo....what happened:confused:

15. pauly383

They dicked around for a while on the price and wanted more , so we left and will NEVER go back .

16. RockinChevy

RockinChevy 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Damn I didn't think that truck was from them. Damn fockers! They thought they was smooth enough to rip off another CK5er, eh? Oh nooooo, not Pauly!
    Good move avoiding the bite and once again you shall prevail!!!!!!:haha: :haha::haha:

Another good truck will come around, at least from less greedier people.:waytogo:

17. pauly383

Lots of 2500's on Autotrader tonight . Guess I can look at some and offer cash .

18. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have bought one from autotrader and a couple from eBay. All worked out very well. I even found my DD on eBay about 5 miles from my office.

19. bigbluesuburban

bigbluesuburban 1/2 ton status

That is for sure. I can think of 4 really nice Burb's that have been for sale for at least 2 months each. If you are interested I can get you the info on them.

And remember, NO SALT = NO RUST

20. bowtiepower00

bowtiepower00 1/2 ton status

Autotrader usually has a decent selection, and don't forget to search Craigslist, lots of good rides on there. Cars.com is ok too. That's the great thing about living in an area with 50 bazillion people.