Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Forgot how it goes back together, help

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Mar 8, 2001.

I have had my front clip off for a couple of weeks now, replacing everything I can...I am now trying to put it all back together and I am having trouble with the alternator bracket...the lower one. I know I should have marked it or taken a picture, but I don't think of those things at the time...DOH. So I can't figure out how it is set up, maybe I am even missing a bracket? Any one with a digtal camera, or just the know how...I need help please.

Signed, live and learn!

'84 K5

Chevy in my blood.

1. FWP

FWP CRS

I don't have a camera, but two verticle holes mount to the water pump. the far right hole mounts to the front of the alt, and if you have an air pump, there is a hole for it between the two water pump holes and the alternator hole. The back side of the alternator has a long bushing to space it out. Does that make sense?

Also- are you going to meet us on the 17th????

[​IMG]<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by FWP on 03/08/01 10:19 PM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. angelglo

angelglo 1/2 ton status

if it doesnt fit, it might be that you have the wrong part. did you change either the water pump or alternator bracket? there are two different styles.

3. Angeleo, yes I changes the water pump, but it looks the exact same.
    FWP, well, I would like to but we have to be out of our place at the end of this month, haven't found a place to move into, plus the K5 is still apart in the driveway.

When I get home today I will compare the water pumps again.

Thanks for the help.

'84 K5

Chevy in my blood.

4. angelglo

angelglo 1/2 ton status

i believe one water pump is longer than the other by just a bit. i think if you had the longer one and went to the shorter one, you might be able to put a spacer. if its the other way around, you might have to get a another bracket.

5. Would a smaller belt work?

'84 K5

Chevy in my blood.