Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Forkin Old People!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by willyswanter, May 2, 2003.

1. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Ok, so here I am cruising down Rosedale Hwy and theres backed up traffic ahead so I am completely stopped behind the traffic in front of me. I hear this RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR and as I look into my rear view mirror I see a small car dissapear under the plywood I was carrying and BAM!!!

So, the truck jerks a little and I'm slammed into the seat and I pull over to and onto the median. I get out and there is this little tiny Nissan thing completely totalled with an old guy completely passed out in the seat looking pretty damn dead. I glance at my truck while walking by to his car and it looks pretty good other than a scratch on the tube bumper so I'm thinking ok this isn't so bad... And I see his car is caved in to the firewall and he's passed out. Bunch of people are there and have dialed 911 and so on and I look back at my truck and my jaw drops.

My rear axle was pushed in 3" on the pass side, the block broke completely and the spring is bent into an S shape. The pass. side bed side is destroyed as well as the fender flare. Oh and my wheel is bent to.

Enjoy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here is my new ride while mines down:

[​IMG]

I have AAA and full coverage but this loser that hit me better have friggin insurance! My back is really sore as well as my neck and I'm headed to the hospital right now. My collar bone is all bruised from the seat belt.

The truck is driveable as in it moves under it's own power but with the rearend the way it is I can't drive it on the road at all.

I have to go around Monday and get a bunch of quotes and submit it to the insurance company.

I was really suprised at how little damage my truck took when his car was completely totalled. You new car drivers can have all the crumple zones you want but I love my 8k pounds of steel. Anyway, he hit my bumpe with his a-pillar and the car went into the rear right tire which caused the damage. His roof went under the bumper which crumped the bed side and the tire hit the front of the wheel well which caved it in.

Anyway, today kinda blew...

2. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif Holy crap, dude. That really sucks. That's some decent damage.

I hope you, the old guy, and your truck turn out okay.

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Thats sucks ass.... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

4. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> Nice carnage, but I want to see a pic of how the IOR bumper held up. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I never realized that blocks that look like that are hollow. It would probably be pretty obvious from the weight if I had ever handled one.</font>

5. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

damn that sucks /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gifglad you are ok /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif how was the old man?

6. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Bummer about the truck!

[ QUOTE ]
    he hit my bumpe with his a-pillar and the car went into the rear right tire which caused the damage. His roof went under the bumper which crumped the bed side and the tire hit the front of the wheel well which caved it in.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Stuff like this is what gives states incentive to enact bumper height laws. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

7. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

uh yeah, I know it sucks but is the old guy ok?

8. amm888

amm888 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    <font color="green"> I never realized that blocks that look like that are hollow.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

that's what i was thinkin /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif, now i really wanna dump mine...

Jason - sorry about the carnage - to you and the truck

9. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I hope everyone is OK. Don't close the medical case with the insurance company until you are SURE that you are OK.

Looks like another good reason to not use blocks...

10. mudslinger97116

mudslinger97116 1/2 ton status

hope your ok and the other guy too. let us know how the rental 4x's

11. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

blocks baaaaaad.... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif j/k. glad ur ok! must have been a pretty decent impact to torque the springs/blocks etc that way. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

j

12. willyswanter

willyswanter 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Yeah, old dude is supposed to be ok according to the CHP officer. That was the first thing I asked him.

Anyway, yeah I know blocks = bad. I was going to remove them in favor of my new stuff on Sunday /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

13. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

DAAAAAAAAMMMMNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad y'all are okay /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

14. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

wow that sucks man. Yeah it is amazing what some old iron will do to modern "safe" cars. I totalled a Chevy Corsica(not that new) all I got was a bent 10 bolt, dented fender, and bent bumper. That was my fault though :-/ damn offset intersections.