Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Fort Fisher State Park NC

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by mccomas, May 30, 2005.

1. mccomas

mccomas 1/2 ton status

for the NC folks… i discovered fort fisher (about 18 miles south of wilmington) this weekend. for 10 bones you get to take your rig into a “4x4 only” area that runs about a 4 mile stretch along the beach. the sand is no joke and by the end of the day, i saw at least 6+ stuck trucks - mostly street SUVs. i ended up pulling 2 guys out. the beach was great and it was a good crowd of folks – very clean. this may be old news for most of you guys. for anyone in the area wanting to take a trip to the beach, this is the way to go…

[​IMG]

2. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

We always went to the North end of CB, but the South end is way more remote. Next time you're in the area, gimme a shout, I'm in Wilmington all the time.

3. jayweb

jayweb 1/2 ton status

ft. fisher

hey dave, been going down there for years. AWesome place, huh? It used to be alot longer - you could go all the way to the end of the island. let me know the next time you're going to be down there. (we have a house in Carolina beach - you went by it (the house) on the way to ft. fisher.) Oh - yeah - if I can find some axles I may be interested in your wheels/tires if you still got em. I still haven't even put on the springs I got from you!!!!

jay