Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Forum split suggestion

Discussion in 'Feedback | Site Announcements' started by Blazer79, Jun 8, 2001.

1. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

I propose that the "other non 4x4" forum is split in two categories: "jokes" and "other non 4x4". I'm not saying that I don't like jokes, I really enjoy most of them, but I'm more intereted in reading the "other non 4x4 stuff" than jokes and sometimes it makes it harder to find the real interesting posts buried in so many jokes.

What do you say?

<font color=purple>//////
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://blazer79.coloradok5.com>http://blazer79.coloradok5.com</A></font color=purple><font color=black>
    Soon a 454 K5!!</font color=black>
    [​IMG]

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Call me a jerk but I say ban the jokes in the non-forum...I get 90% of em in my email anyways. Its getting to the point where I hardly check the non forum anymore.[​IMG]

I'm not talking about funny personal stories...just the cut and paste posts.

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

3. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

I totally agree. It's almost like it has turned into a spam forum....

Murphy's Laws on Life :
    "The longer you wait in line, the greater the liklihood that you are standing in the wrong line." [​IMG]

4. DBLAZER

DBLAZER 1/2 ton status

I said what I had to say in the HEY DONNA post in the non-4x4 forum. Everyone has the right to their own opinion!

[image]http://www.darkknight.ca/images/dklogo.gif[/image]
    http://autotronixcaraudio.com

5. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

A little moderation in the joke department would go a long way...I like jokes and Donna, but when i see 10 or 12 posts that are all jokes I just skip looking in non...

Rene

<font color=green>Dyslexics of the world...UNTIE!</font color=green>

6. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

SOUR PUSSES! THE BUNCH OF YA!!! [​IMG]

<font color=purple>Have you hugged your K5 today?</font color=purple>

7. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I like the people who qulaify the post by putting *JOKE* in the tile cuz you can only take so much......

Dave

"Visualize Whirled Peas"

8. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

I agree. Some of them are funny, but I have already seen most of them via email. I liked that forum much more before all the jokes.

<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www4.ncsu.edu/~brschoch>http://www4.ncsu.edu/~brschoch</A>

9. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

I see no reason to split it: its the off topic non-4x4 issues forum. I don't see the problem with having the jokes in there.... what else would you put in there if not for jokes, sotries, and whatnot? would that mean that if I had a funny story about a roadrace I'd just had, that I couldn't post it there? besides, there's already what appears on my screen to be 30 sub forums already.... all that would seemingly make is anothe rforum fo rme to have to try and keep up with ( granted, I don't evne try to keep up with all of them, but the few that I do try to its hard enough.... )

this all of course is IMHO, and does not nessicarily reflect the views of my employers, countrymen, dieties, or truck.

-Rich

Visualize an atlantic 442 Steam engine running at full tilt here...

10. Gandolf

Gandolf 1/2 ton status

Here's my observation. The people who are for the jokes, are members who signed up on CK5 within roughly the last 6 months. The people who are against the jokes are the members who signed up more than 6 months ago.

I signed up 10 months ago and although I read the jokes when they were first being posted in small numbers, I now don't open them anymore (if I can identify them as jokes) and I visit the Non Forum about once a week, where I once went there first. I miss the way it used to be. You members who have been here a long time know what I'm talking about. That's my opinion.

'89 K5 Silverado..."You can’t have a real adventure, unless the outcome is truly uncertain".

11. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I really like this place, but I think it would be much better if the forums besides the main one were more active. I think posts that are not on topic in any forum should be moved. That would make the others more active. I'm guilty of posting things about my truck in the main forum too--it's because the other ones are more or less dead compared to the main forum.

Just a suggestion. I think that would make this site much better.

Tim
    '84 Chevy K10, lifted, loud, fast, and 3/4 ton axles