Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

!!!!! Forward AIR dropped my engine

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by CaveBlazin, Dec 16, 2003.

1. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

/forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    I go to pick up my engine tonight after waiting so long for it and when they are lifting it into the Blazer the pallet cracked and the engine came falling down from about 5 feet. This was there fault cause when the driver picked up the pallet he only put the forks under half of the pallet therefore the weight of the engine caused it to break and fall. Now what Im asking yall is what should I do?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif They gave me all the customer service info but I was reading on the invoice that they only cover 50cents for every pound. It will cost that much (if Im lucky) to have the engine checked for stress fractures and other broken crap. It hit pretty hard too, fell on the top side of the engine smacking the valve cover (gonna have to be replaced) and I cant tell what other damage has been done internally. The oil pan got completely tore up by the forks on the lift (gonna have to be replace). They were cool there and said thay have a good claims department but if I only get like 200 bucks thats not gonna do crap if the engine is toast. Any advice would be great, what damage could be done to the engine? How much does a Mech charge to look at a engine and check? Thanks yall I SOOO PISSED RIGHT NOW AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

With proof of what was paid for the engine to begin with, I thought FA's insurance should cover the whole thing. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

3. 99firehawk

99firehawk 1/2 ton status

I wouldnt have signed for it.

4. CaveBlazin

I dont know if the shipper got insurance on the engine, or do you mean FA has there own plan for things like this??

5. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Damn Spence that really sucks, /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

6. CaveBlazin

Well here's were I think I'll be ok with the blame game. The manager guy said there's cameras all over and that it will tell that it was there fault and I had the driver sign a statement that I wrote and we both signed and dated it regarding what/how it happened. And I have the original to that... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

7. CaveBlazin

YEP SURE DOES /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

8. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gifCrap spence sorry to hear about your 400. Hope everything works out for you.

9. CaveBlazin

Im reading the rules of FA and they have a pretty crappy claims dept. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

10. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

First off, you should not have accepted it after that happened. None the less it is their fault and they should and will pay for any damages incured. I would make a call to whoever you purchased the engine from and ask them what they would recommend you do at this point also, not their fault but maybe they have had similiar situations and could help you. Sorry to hear about it man, that sucks.

11. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    they only cover 50cents for every pound

[/ QUOTE ]
    So if I ship a $70,000 Porsche that weighs 3000Lbs then they would only cover it for $1500?? I think not. I do think I would kill every one of them /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

12. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

If'n I was you I would go and get copies of the video tape before they are taped over and then set yourself in the managers office while he calls the corporate big wigs on the speakerphone and the three of you come to a decision as to what they are goin to do to compensate you for the mistake. They have a big budget, I'm sure, set aside for these sort of instances. Then I would call up the folks that sold you the engine and find out what they can do from their end. That's all I have off the top of my head. Good luck to ya.

Allan

13. CaveBlazin

Im gonna try and get ahold of Marty today. I just dont have any luck these days! Do you think they will be the stand up company that I hear so much about? Or am I gonna be at a lose?

14. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

Insurance with FA is just like, UPS. You have to pay to insure its actual value. Hopefully youll be able to get your $$$ back.

15. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

man and i thought i had a bad day!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif with my accedent man they might as well have droped your kid right in front of you! i would ask to see the tow morters operators licence, if he dosent have one it would lean towards incompantace. hope it all works out /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. CaveBlazin

Thats a good idea I never thought of that Maybe I should go back down there and see if he's certified!!! In alot of cases they do OJT and send them later to certicications school they did that for me. They cant point fingers at the operator either cause he was'nt trained and they tell him to do these things.

17. gravdigr

gravdigr 1/2 ton status

Learning experience, never accept shipment of obviously damaged goods. In your case it seems that they will cover it but you never know. When we get in granite shipments every piece is inspected for cracks, chips, oil stains, etc... any piece damaged in shipment doesn't come off the truck.

18. CaveBlazin

I would have never accepted if but when I arrived at the terminal I gave them my info and they pointed at a pallat and said is that it, I said yep thats it and I was signing the waybill and BAMMMMM!!! I seen it happen I was only 2 feet away when it happen. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

19. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

not good at all,

damage can be bad if was dropped on front or back of engine, will damage crank, bearings, etc.

20. CaveBlazin

Thats what I was thinking and Im sure its costly to get it stress tested and looked at (even thought I could look at it). Whats the going rate now for hourly Mech work??