Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Forward Air Who has Used it?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 78Blazer, Feb 3, 2003.

1. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

I have a set of axles I would like to sell and it seems that the only reasonable way to ship them would be forward air? So I am wondering who has used them what did u ship to where and how much was it? What will I need to do to ship them? Will they pallet them or crate them for me or does this have to be done before hand? One last thing anyone know what a d60 and 14b weigh for shipping?

Thanks

2. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

I shipped a rear 10-bolt by Forward Air a few weeks ago and did not have any problems. I did have to have it on a pallet and ready to go, but I'm not sure if you could talk somebody in to doing that for you or not.

The rear complete 10-bolt on a wood pallet weighed around 300 lbs.

3. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

I used them... had axles (Dana 60 & 14 bolt) shipped to me with them. It was Alabama to CA... and $416 I think? Right around there.... it weighed about 800lbs. This included the crate that was made to contain them. However the 14 bolt was converted to disc brakes so I did lose a bit of weight there without the drums. I can email you a few pics of how they were crated up if that will help you. Oh and they want you to pack it not them. I believe they might do that but I think for the cost and trouble you'd be better off doing it yourself... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

4. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

5. 79Beast

79Beast 1/2 ton status

I used Forward Air to to ship a D60 rear from Atlanta to Denver. It was a royal pain in the ass. They would only accept money order or cashier's check. What??? Why didn't they tell me on the phone that they wouldn't take cash...sorry bastards. Not to mention the time I spent going around their warehouse looking for someone to recieve my pallet with a axle on it. The only credit that I give them is that they go tmy axle to Colorado with no problems. Fortunately I used 95lb tensile strenght zip ties to secure it to the pallet. The guy that recieved it did not believe me that they would hold so he showed another guy how to use the machine to put metal bands on it. Neither one of them could use it properly and all four bands were loose...very loose. I'll leave out all the other little details, but I will have to be DESPERATE to use Foward Air ever again.

6. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Wes used FA for my D60 and I had a Motorcycle shipped.

Everything weas received eventualy - they take their time with the big items.

And almost no Customer Service.

But I guess the important thing is receiving the goods undamaged.

7. chevyracing

chevyracing 1/2 ton status

6.5 Turbo Diesel shipped from NY to Denver for 250 bucks with them,,,,no problems at all.

John

8. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

The money order or cashiers check policy is a pain but I understand why they do it. I took the part to ship there, they weighed it and gave me the exact price, and then I ran down the street to a gas station that sold money orders. It only took a few days, not counting the weekend, to get there.

9. 78Blazer

78Blazer 1/2 ton status

Ok next question how did can u get a price online? I only see where to get a price for shipping a motorcycle and I need to get a rough idea what it would cost to ship this axle.

10. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

had a 465/205 combo shipped to me in Denver from TX for $100 and shipped a np208 for $45 to NC...

Chris

11. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

for an idea on price, just call you local terminal and give them the approx. weight and dimensions and they will give you a price...

Chris