Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

forward tilting hood?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by kumma, Oct 7, 2001.

1. kumma

kumma 1/2 ton status

Ok, anyone got any info on who makes a kit to convert the hood to forward tilting one like the corvette. any websites or other information is appreciated. oh it would be a 78 jimmy if it matters.

Craig

"Why is there a <font color=red>watermelon</font color=red> here?"

2. Pure Insanity

Pure Insanity 1/2 ton status

Do you wanna tilt the whole nose or just the hood.

I have done the tilt nose and hated it. It made working on it great but therest of the time it was a miserable experience.

If you want the hood to tilt forward, look at the 80s model Buick LeSabre (mid-size front wheel drive) hood set up. BMW 3 series (318/325) have a similar set up also. The latch stays in the front and the hood pops open as usual, but then pulls forward and up to flip over the front. Be sure to get the parts in the rear of the hood like the sliders and rollers or the hood will flop around like a tuna in the rear! Actually kinda kool. I have considered doing it myself but not on my Blazer. (I already have a hard enuff time working on it standing on the tire as it is!)

If ya can't stop.......Smile as you go under! [​IMG]

3. iceman

iceman 1/2 ton status

Check out the Scout guys. Iceman