Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

found a 1 ton burb 4 sale

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by scotty1, Jun 15, 2002.

1. scotty1

scotty1 1/2 ton status

its on ebay, 86, lifted 4" skyjacker, guy says it was a MCI fleet truck ordered from factory. I would buy it but its in TX and I am in WV. If your interested better hurry, it goes off tomorrow, 6-16. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

There's no such thing as a 1 ton suburban.

3. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I saw one today here in town!!! It was a 2wd though. I stopped to talk to the guy who owns it and he said he bought the truck from his boss whom converted the Sub to one ton dually Surburban. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

So, that eBay ad must be a conversion. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

4. OldBlew

OldBlew Registered Member

The specs just don't add up.
    D44, 14 bolt. The shadow out back looks like a 14 SF, but I could be wrong. It just doesn't have the low hanging point of the 14 FF. If it were true 1 ton it would include a D60.
    I also thought in '86 the 10 bolt was used up front.

5. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Just like I said, there's no such thing as a 1 ton Suburban and never has been.

You can convert a Volkswagon to 1 ton if you want, but there's no such thing as a non-converted 1 ton Sub.

It seems many people think 8 lug means 1 ton. They couldn't be further from the truth.

6. scotty1

scotty1 1/2 ton status

Regaurdless of what you KNOW is true, I am openminded about it. I figure it is some custom fleet vehicle that was ordered by MCI to specs. Maybe they bought a couple thousand trucks. I know the lift was added and the truck had over 260,000 miles b/c I emailed the guy. The D44 front was curious since it should have been a D60. I thought it would have been a good start for a buildup of something really cool, if the truck had been within several hours drive I would have been all over it to check it out. Truck sold for $4100. Search continues. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

7. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

from the factory you can get a 3/4 ton suburban..there is no such thing is a factory 1 ton subruban...the 3/4 tons did come with a D44 or 10 bolt up front and 14 bolt rear...i have 100 bucks on it being a 3/4 ton /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

The military bought thousands of trucks and still got 10 bolt axles on their Blazers. If they won't make it tougher for the military, they won't make it tougher for anyone.