Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Found a 14 bolt s/f is it a good deal?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by **DONOTDELETE**, Jul 24, 2000.

I was calling aroud the salvage yards trying to find a 14 bolt s/f today and found one with busted spider gears with a 3:42 gear set.They want $250 for the housing.
    I dont know that much about wat they cost other places,i found another one complete with a 3:73 gear for $600.
    Do these prices sound high,or are they abought right?

IF IT AINT BIG IT AINT BAD!!!!!!

1. 8_YOUR_H2

8_YOUR_H2 1/2 ton status

They sound a bit high, I would keep looking! There was one for auction on ebay with 4.11 gears for 100$ and no one even bid on it. It was complete, with shipping it would have been less than 600$ and it was a full floater. When I was shopping for mine I waited until I found a good deal, I had to drive 275 miles to get it but it was only 150$ complete. I am fixing it up now, as we speak.

2. I found several f/f cheap but you have to change the front for the wheels to match bolt patern wise.And buy new wheels,you dont have to with the 14 bolt s/f.

3. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

That depens. Here it would be pretty high cause you can get a 14 bolt ff in ok condition with 4:10 s or 3:73s for 150 dollars each. Thats 150 canadian which would be 100 U.S. You can get a pretty good one here for aroundd 300-400 dollars. Those prices you mentioned might be good in your area.

<font color=red>CHECK OUT MY SITE</font color=red>
    http://blazer-jimmy.coloradok5.com

4. They sound high to me too!!
    Thats why i'm asking.
    I can change the front and fear out for that i think,minus the wheels!
    Thanks

5. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Hey Bigbad,

Are those 6lug S/f you are looking at? I need some 6lug s/f axles. I have 8 lug that I am willing to get rid of, know where any 6lug axles are?

Thanks

Mike [​IMG]
    1982 GMC Jimmy - <font color=green>Emmett</font color=green>
    http://emmett.coloradok5.com

6. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

The last 6 lug SF 14 bolt I bought was $150. Sold it for $350. This is in So Cal.

ken

7. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I have one that has 4.10's and a gov-lok but has 8lug axles. National Drivetrain has 6lug axles for less than $90ea. but I was wondering if I could find them used.

Mike [​IMG]
    1982 GMC Jimmy - <font color=green>Emmett</font color=green>
    http://emmett.coloradok5.com

8. Don't know emm,they might sell the axles but for what the want for the rear you would probably be beter off buying the ones from national!!
    Thanks for the reply.