Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Found a 14FF???????

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by MITCH_89', Dec 11, 2001.

1. MITCH_89'

MITCH_89' Registered Member

Good morning! I stopped by the salvage yard, and found a 1982 k30 work truck(2WD) with a 14 bolt FF. Questions...I want a simple bolt in without having to move spring perches? Will this happen?...Is my driveshaft going to have to be shortened, or just change to the hybrid u-joint? I know Ill have to buy new rims, but will I be able to clear the rotor with 15"s so I can keep my tires? Will my brakelines, shocks, etc... bolt right up? Proportion valve ok? Lots of questions, I know, but I dont want to make the wrong decision. My Blazer is an 89' with a 3" TC lift, and I have new braided lines. Thanks for help, I must make a decision today.....Later

BLAZE IT UP!!

2. Rob 85K5

Rob 85K5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Unfortunatly with a 14FF from a 1 Ton, you will have to move the spring perches and shock mounts. If you don't want to do this, look for a C20 or K20 truck or burb. I am in Pensacola, what salvage yard were you in? I got a 14 and a 8 lug 10 bolt out of a burb that was in the shopper. It comes out today(Tuesday) and on Friday every week. I am planning on going to the u-pull it yards in the nest week or two, I'll let you know if i see one for you.

Rob

<font color=orange>Bleedin' Chevy Orange</font color=orange>

3. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

A 14bolt FF from a one ton won't be a direct bolt up. You'll have to move the spring perches. If you can find one from a 3/4 ton, it'd be a direct bolt up.

Don't hit me, Mr. Moderator... I'll go back on topic... I swear![​IMG]

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.bluefox.tv/~lara>My Wonderful Site</a>

4. MITCH_89'

MITCH_89' Registered Member

Thanks for the info, Ill keep lookin. Rob, if you stumble across one, let me know. Im wanting 4:10. Later

BLAZE IT UP!!