Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Found a 72 blazer

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by seanp, Jul 9, 2004.

1. seanp

seanp Registered Member

Yeah this is one of those "what do you think its worth" posts. And no i don't have pics, i was in my work truck 150 miles from home. It's a 72 k5, 454, th350, np205, d60, ff 14 with 4.56's. 4" suspension and 3" body with about bald 35" boggers. The body looked pretty clean, the rockers were rusted out and the tailgate was missing. Right between the rocker and where the seat mounts was rusted clean through. The interior looked ok. He was asking $4500 and said the price was negotiable. Since i was supposed to be working i didn't have time to drive it or look it over real good. He did start it up and it sounded good, but smoked when he started it. This thing definately needs some work but looks to be a good starting point. Is he in the right price range?

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

well, with the 454, np205, and 1 ton axles, that is a good truck. But the price is to high. Look into the for sale forum (even though you can't post) and krazie87k5 (or something like that) has his rig for sale for 4200, and his is ALOT better than the one this guy is selling.
    Try to talk him down on the price. If you really want it, go for it.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

My first K5 was a 72 with a mint condition body, 454, sm465, and 1 ton axles, and 4" lift with 35's when I bought it. I paid $2,000.00 for it. Look around, you can come accrost good deals.

4. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    My first K5 was a 72 with a mint condition body, 454, sm465, and 1 ton axles, and 4" lift with 35's when I bought it. I paid $2,000.00 for it. Look around, you can come accrost good deals.

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm, yea id say that is one hell of a deal... Did you sell that truck?

5. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hmmm, yea id say that is one hell of a deal... Did you sell that truck?

[/ QUOTE ]I sold that one about 5 years ago. I'm still kicking myself for ever selling it.

6. seanp

seanp Registered Member

I know the price is high. But i thought that since it was a 72 that maybe it would go for more than other years.

7. bouncytruck

bouncytruck 1/2 ton status

The first gen's are worth more, but with all that rust, I wouldn't pay that much. Sounds more like a $3000-3500 truck to me. The main value in these trucks is the body. If you want 1 ton running gear, find a later model truck and swap it onto a first gen with a solid body.