Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

found a 73-75 K-5

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by milspecjimmy, Nov 13, 2002.

1. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

found it at a junk yard the other day, its rough but it is straight. has body frame and axles, but thats it. needs motor tranny t case, and floors. it has less rot than i have seen on newer ones, but its still pretty rusty. i offered the guy 50 for the tires and wheels, but upon thinking about it i am going to offer him 75 for the whole truck. after i take the wheels there really isnt much more worth of parts on it. i am going on the asumption that the running gear is non working because i cant drive it or put it in 4 wheel drive. so what do you guys think i should go on price? if he wont take the 75?
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. zakk

zakk 1/2 ton status

$75.00?? what would you do with it? you have running gear laying around the house?

for that price, i would pick it up for the 73 VIN alone /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. milspecjimmy

i am thinking an ultimate K-5 project. full soft top, ZZ502(if i have the dough) d 60 or rockwell axels, full cage. just a nasty beast of a truck.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

i got mine that way with no axles for 500 bucks man...

5. milspecjimmy

how bad was it though? and sis it have a tranny and motor?
    this one is just a rolling shell