Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Found a 73 Blazer asking price is $700.00, here's whats wrong... And !!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by rocko, May 8, 2003.

1. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Found a 73 Blazer asking price is $700.00, here\'s whats wrong... And !!!!

What were the number's on the 73's? did they make more in 73,74 or 75 of the full removeable top blazers?
    I'm racking my brain.. I would like to buy it.. but the guy told me the flywheel is shot along with the starter.. and the tailgate is sold off of it.
    3 rust spots.. both rear 1/4's over the rear wheels.. and right front fender.. right behind the wheel well closest to the door..
    The rest of the truck is there.. it has
    12 bolt rear
    Dana 44 front
    203/350/350
    Said the engine was overhauled before the flywheel and starter wen't out..
    Has a 6 point roll cage, top is in great shape.. doors good, rest of sheetmetal is good also..
    Don't really need the truck.. but the full top blazers are getting hard to find..
    He want's $700.00 for it. what do you all think..
    My wife say's I'm crazy.. I know I am... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

Re: Found a 73 Blazer asking price is $700.00, here\'s whats wrong... And !!!!

Whether or not you are crazy is another story, but for $700 for what you have described sounds pretty reasonable. The flywheel, starter issue is a simple fix, and you don't have to drop the trans to do it. You should be able to find a tailgate without to much trouble, and if the rust hasn't eaten up the tub real bad, it is all fixable. The hard part is do you have time to mess with it?

Good luck. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. txbluethunder

txbluethunder 1/2 ton status

if it weren't for the rust i'd definiatly buy it. being that i don't do body work, rust just frightens me.

4. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Heres the spec sheet on all 3 years, link and I'd buy it.... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifGo over to him with 500.00 cash... /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

5. bigjbear

bigjbear 1 ton status Staff Member Moderator

Year One has the patch panels for less than $20 ea and a new flexplate (its not a flywheel w/ an auto) is less than $20 at a trans supply house. Souds like a good deal to me, but I'm a sucker for convertables.

6. supersize75

supersize75 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

getting hard to find ?? heck ive enver personalyl seen a 73-75 in my life yet., i think theyre more like long extinct ??

thats a HELLUVA a score man, 700 for a rare truck., crazy... and just a coupel spots of minor rust and easy starter fix,

insane!

congrats on the steal!

8. OL14BLAZ

OL14BLAZ 1/2 ton status

If the rust on the rear quater panels hasn't eaten up very far than you could just trim it away for bigger tires. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif Unless you were wanting to put it back to original. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Eric /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

9. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer 3/4 ton status

i would go for it. rust is gonna be on a 70's car/truck/van.
    the flex plate is no big deal. i got one if it still has a 2 part rear main you can get for 5 plus the ride. starters are cheap.
    rust can be fixed. and i will NEVER get rid of my full vert.
    Grant

10. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

i wanna see a post saying you bought it!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. K1Orion

K1Orion 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Has a 6 point roll cage, top is in great shape.. doors good, rest of sheetmetal is good also

[/ QUOTE ]
    IMHO these alone are worth $700 /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
    What does a 6 point cage install go for anyway?

12. Proxy6969

Proxy6969 Registered Member

welp i live in Corpus Christi and there are i think 4 other 73-75 k5s besides mine and outa all 5 i dont think any of them actually move lol. mines probably the closest to moving its just that i cant find a blown np203 or the part i need anywhere in town so mines been sitting since i got it 6 months ago, but i bought mine for $900 its was almost comletely stock and engine is in fine condition i had a few rust spots on rear fenders but tahts about it. and i thank myself every day i walk outside and see that thing sitting there because they pretty damn hard to find and i got it at a good deal considering i also got 2 extra sets of tires with it besides the set taht was already on it. anyways i say u buy it! then send me ur shift linkage rod from ur np203!!! but anyways buy it u will thank urself later.

13. rocko

rocko 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the input.. I'm working on getting some parts sold.. and a friend of mine wants to buy my reloading equipment I have.. I could easily buy it.. I'm thinking.. thinking.. thinking..
    If I don't buy it, i'll just be kicking myself in the arse later on.. We'll see..
    My wife already thinks 'm crazy... so this would just solidify her perception of me.. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

14. fourwheelerjeff

fourwheelerjeff 1/2 ton status Staff Member Moderator

BUY IT!!! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

you know you want it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif