Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

found a 90 K5, whats it worth?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by obrut, Sep 6, 2001.

1. obrut

obrut Registered Member

I've been looking for a K5 and i have looked at a few that are over priced and really rusty. I went and looked at a 90 K5 silverado (sp) today the was very clean it has 157,000 miles everything works except the cruise and A/C. The guy even had the original plastic cover on the lower door halfs from the dealer, the interior does not have a flaw. The exterior looks good but when i crawled under it the right side rocker is rusted but looks good from the out side. The tail great is in great shape but the metal were the hinge bolts up is rusted out. The body mounts just before the rear wheel were very rusted and there was a hole 1inch by 1/2 inch in the floor right by the mount. The rest of the body is very very clean. The guy is asking $5500 but i might be able to get him down to $4500, is it worth it?

2. DMK

DMK 1/2 ton status

I would bet on body work and paint has been done. I would keep looking for one with less rust. Also ac could run 500 plus to fix.

3. 90idahoblazer

90idahoblazer 1/2 ton status

I paid 5k for my 90 6 months ago......4,500 is fair if its clean...I bought mine from my brother in law so I know the truck pretty good...good luck

4. DesertDueler

DesertDueler 1/2 ton status

Come out here to AZ. You can pick up a rust free blazer for that price. Most stock height blazers around here in Phoenix run between 4000 and 5000. If the AC doesnt work on one out here they are only worth 3500 tops. AC is mandatory out here. Also most of the blazers out here have new or newer GM Goodrench crate motors.

86 Jimmy 4"lift 35"MTRs Other cars 69Firebird w/525 hp,and 70GTO live in PHX,AZ<a target="_blank" href=http://www.geocities.com/modifierperformance>My vehicles</a>