Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Found a Dana 60 for $100, will it fit ???

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by belly, Jun 14, 2001.

1. belly

belly Registered Member

I live in Australia and I'm lookin for some good advice here. I found a 4.11 Dana 60 for a $100 and the guy reckons its the rear diff out of a C30 (duelly). Is there such a thing and has anyone outthere put one in a Blazer? Would you pick the Dana 60 over a 14 bolt? Any thoughts ?

Thanks guys

2. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

Belly it will fit you will probably have to move the spring perches on the 60 in so you springs can sit on it. It is wider than factory but it makes it as wide as the front then. I myself have a 14 bolt out of a Van. For a $100.00 buy it.

3. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

Dana 60's came in certain GM 3/4-tons up to 72. These have the same spring spacing as a 73-87 1-ton.

The fact that its a dually makes it really wide - like 8" wider that a SRW track width. If its from a pickup, its a Dana 70. If its from a cutaway van (cubevan) it can be a 60 or 70. Spring perches on all these 1-tons are different from your Blazer.

You probably want a 3/4-ton version of the 14-bolt full-floater. Its the right width and has the right spring perches. Look in 73-80 K20 or C20 trucks, and 81-87 in some C20's.

4. belly

belly Registered Member

Thanks for the advice u2slow, I don't mind moving the spring perches but definately don't want the bother of shortening a diff. You saved me a 2 hour round trip.