Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Found a Dana 60, good deal??

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by steelsoldiers, Sep 3, 2003.

1. steelsoldiers

steelsoldiers 1/2 ton status

Hey guys,
    I found a Dana 60 SRW 4.10 at a salvage yard for $950. The only thing it is missing is the calipers. The crappy thing is that it is about 1000 miles away and I would probably chunk down another $2-300 to truck it here. Also, I can't inspect the dang thing before I buy it. The salvage guy said it came out of their personal 1-ton truck last year when the rest of the truck fell apart, so it may be beat to crap. I'd hate to buy a Dana 60 all away over there and then it cost me a bunch more to fix the dang thing up. What to do... /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif If I don't get it, I'll be sure to tip you guys off as to where it is. Thanks for any input.
    Chris

2. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

If thats the only one you can find then its not a great deal but all you got. I know of some in this neck of the woods if you're willing to travel some north. Also check with Wayne. I have heard nothing but good about his and I dont think you have to touch them, just bolt them up ffor just a few extra $....

3. steelsoldiers

steelsoldiers 1/2 ton status

I just got a voice mail from the guy and he said with shipping it'll be $1200 sight-unseen /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. That's a little rich for my blood without knowing if it's a good assembly. Here's the info like I promised. I hope it works out for somebody:

"""Have a very nice one 4.10 ratio missing only the brake calipers cane
    from our own personal truck call Dave

Brass Ring Inc.
    P.O. Box 39
    121 Franklin St.
    Superior, WY 82945
    877-221-5141/ 307-382-3717
    www.brassringparts.com
    email: bri@direcway.com
    7 a.m. to 5 p.m. mountain time"""

So there ya go guys...

Mike, I don't mind traveling for a good deal, where in PA are we talking about? Also, excuse my ignorance /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif, but who's Wayne? Thanks.
    Chris