Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

FOUND A DANA 60!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by clintsk5, Mar 28, 2001.

1. clintsk5

clintsk5 1/2 ton status

..Found another one locally!!!...Dana 60 out of a 79 one ton single wheel pickup...Still on truck..good to have a friend who owns a wrecking yard!...I'll will be posting my Dana 44 3/4 ton 8 lug axle 4:10 geared, Detroit locked, new wheel joints and calipers (grinded for 15 inch wheels) with spare flat top passenger-side knuckle on the "for sale" forum soon!!!!...Can anyone talk my wife in letting me use some money out of the "vacation account"?...LOL

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by clintsk5 on 03/28/01 07:40 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

2. Moose

Moose 1/2 ton status

DUDE you can't take the Vacation funds. Just let me know where to pick this up. Later

3. AZK5

AZK5 1/2 ton status

Yea those Boggers you have would just eat up that poor little Dana 44. I hope to do some real wheelin' with you sometime.
    CB

4. clintsk5

clintsk5 1/2 ton status

...It's in a one ton with a small block...wierd!!!...4:56 geared...I have 4:10...dont know if this is going to be a good investment...being I already have the 14 bolt with 4:10 gears and a Detroit locker.....need to find all the cost differences before I make the investment!!!

5. i_4x4

i_4x4 1/2 ton status

I love my 4.56's. If mileage isn't a concern go w/ the 56's. Just my opinion.

Later Ed

LET'S ROCK
    Don't follow me you will get STUCK!!

6. clintsk5

clintsk5 1/2 ton status

I kmow...4:56's would run my 37" Boggers better...But the other 14 bolt is open...and I already have a 14 bolt with a Detriot in it already...Dont think I can afford to do it all!!!!...Changing gears or buying the other 14 bolt then installing a new locker...."Dammit Jim...I'm only a doctor!!""...LOL

7. ken

ken 1/2 ton status

The Detroit will unbolt from your 4.10 carrier and may be installed into your 4.56 open carrier in the other diff. You can do it yourself, no setup changes necessary!

ken

8. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Yeah, as far as the DL goes, you can change that in your drive way. You may already know this but here is an article that goes through the whole process.
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.off-road.com/chevy/tech/detroit/>http://www.off-road.com/chevy/tech/detroit/</A>

Bad Dog

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, NP205, D60/C14, 4.56
    Coming soon: 4" lift, 40" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

9. clintsk5

clintsk5 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys!!!...I did'nt know it would be that simple....gives me more to think about!!!!!....Maybe this will be a good deal for me...Thanks again,....~CLINT~....