Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Found a GOLDMINE

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jimmyjack, Jan 22, 2003.

1. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

One of the lodtimers at work is an ex 4 wheeler. He brought in a box full of OffRoad mags from the 70's. Mostly 75-79. Gawd these are great. Some ugly ass disco paint jobs tho. The girls all look like Farrah Fawcett and the guys have got sideburns and afros and bell bottoms. And the pics in the ads are HAND DRAWN!!! Great stuff /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

2. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

This "oldtimer" has boxes full of that stuff. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I think my oldest one is from 1969. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif It's a hoot to go back and look at them from time to time.

3. jimmyjack

jimmyjack 1/2 ton status

What the hell is a lod timer!!!!!! Need to check my spelling. There s an edition that tells you how to "bashproof your blazer". /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif What a crack up

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

I've been deciphering some of the stuff that passes for "writing" on the internet for so long that I knew exactly what you meant. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

It's really funny to read the new vehicle tests from the are of the gas crunch era. Obviously, the writers were under pressure from their advertisers to put a positive spin on crap like 4-cylinder LUV's, saying things like the engines were "peppy", "moved out smartly", etc. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif In reality, most of the stuff that came out in the mid-70's could barely get out of its own way. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif