Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Found a good 700R4 Tranny!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Shagnaz, Jan 23, 2003.

1. Shagnaz

Shagnaz 1/2 ton status

I just recently had my 700 crap its bed and have been looking for a built up 700 to put back in. I was referred to a place called Bowtie Overdrive.
    www.700r4.com
    The guy (Steve) talked to me for about 45 minutes explaining why these trannies are failing (HEAT) and not locking up the torque converter. He was up front and honest with EVERYTHING. He said he could can less if I wasn't going to buy from him, but that I won't find a better product out there.
    He said that before you drive the vehicle two feet, he goes through the pressures and adjusts the TV correctly. Then, when it is correctly tuned, you take it out for a test drive. He tells you how the tranny is going to act.
    I am going to be ording mine here soon for $1285 for a Level 3. This one is just built for abuse. Not bad since I bought a Delco reman from the dealership and had nothing but problems. I spent the same for that one.

Does anyone else have any suggestion on tranny places that I could order one that is built up.

Thanks
    Mike B
    Invest in precious metals...buy a K5!
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. K5Dan

K5Dan 1/2 ton status

wow! that place is about 20 min. away from me.sounds good /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I've had real good luck with TCI but I couldn't beat that price what all does it come with /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

4. Shagnaz

Shagnaz 1/2 ton status

It comes with tranny and torque converter. 1800 stall. I think it comes with a set of gauges too. That is to check the pressures before you take it for the first test drive.

5. yellowK20

yellowK20 Well Lubricated Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Wow!!that's pretty good deal I have mine setup for sanddrags 2800 stall, trans brake, fullmanual ,valvebody ,extradeep pan it shifts superhard chirps the tires into overdrive at full throttle I have about 2200 just in my trans 400 for converter what is stage 3 ??? how hard are the shifts ???? /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

6. Shagnaz

Shagnaz 1/2 ton status

I haven't got the tranny yet, but I will let you know when I do. I am pretty sure it will shift pretty hard, so that it won't wear the clutches.

7. nevercomplete

nevercomplete 1/2 ton status

Hey, your not too far from where I'm going, I'm heading back to Beaufort, SC....not sure when though /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

8. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Hey Shag, Boss got one of these for his ride. You might want to email him and get the stat. of his tranny. From what I know he likes it a lot.