Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

found a good parts truck and dont have the $$

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by mike reeh, May 15, 2004.

1. mike reeh

mike reeh 1/2 ton status

theres a beat up mid 80's truck for sale on my drive home and it says "silverado 20" on it.. I looked down and its got a '60 sitting under there.. the truck is fugly with a ugly ass white paint job and a thrashed interior.. and it says "doesnt run" ... I called and its a 1.25ton military truck w/ a 60, 14ff, diesel etc..... He wants 1800, I told him to bite me and hung up. I could use the title to register my '77 gas burner as a diesel (NO SMOG) and clean up the axles...

What kind of trans/tcase came in these trucks? Im assuming a th400 which would be worth a few bucks, too.. I have a real good friend who is the ultimate cheap ass bastard and I think im gonna have him go wear this guy out and get it cheap... any input?

Is the frame worth anything to anyone building a longbed pickup?

mike

2. smprider112

smprider112 1/2 ton status

if he want 1800 for a truck that doesnt run...I think U could talk him down alot with money in hand!!

3. u2slow

u2slow 1/2 ton status

A "doesn't run" diesel could easily be something as simple as a bad GP relay or controller, slow/dying starter, or a minor air leak in the fuel system.

Doesn't a CUCV have 4.56 gears & Detroit Locker? Sounds like a deal at $1800 if you ask me. I know people that've paid that for just a D60 /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

1-ton frame is beefier than a 3/4-ton. The channel under the cab should measure ~8" tall instead of ~6" tall.

4. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    I looked down and its got a '60 sitting under there..

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you sure it's a 60? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[ QUOTE ]
    "silverado 20"

[/ QUOTE ]

Make sure it's not a K20 becuase if it is it will have a 10b front /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

5. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

id go in on it $1000 if I could take the d60 14bff

nick