Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Found a job I want to checkout... need help with a cover letter...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jjlaughner, Jul 27, 2004.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Need help with a cover letter. The job requires work samples, cover letter and resume... I'm rewriting my resume to target the job, I have some good work samples but I need some serious help ideas for writing a cover letter that doesn't start with ... Hello my name is.... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

2. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

I had a really hard time getting a job, this last time, so I don't dare give any advice, I think my resume and cover letter are pathetic, so no help here, sorry. besides I hate having to sell myself, I'd never buy me! /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

3. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

Here's a start

"I solve problems, if there was a problem, I'd take it and crack it's [darn] head open. I slaughter problems with a grim lust for thier death. I'm pretty cool, but I'm humble too. My hands are dirty (from hard WORK) but my soul is pure. Loud loud loud, heavy heavy heavy, I reconstruct a flimsy sheetmetal edifice into a proud diamondplate reinforced obelisk of doom. YOU SHALL BANG ON IT LIKE THOU WERE A MONKEY BUT THOU SHALL NOT DEFEAT MY WORK. I enjoy popcorn. The thicker the drink can the better the drink. MY CAN IS SOLID TITANIUM. IF YOU TRY TO CRUSH IT ON YOUR HEAD YOU SHALL KILL YOURSELF AND THE CAN SHALL LAUGH! I am a tangerine dream to you! Bright white clouds in the blue sky, and I AM THE SUN! I AM THE SUN! I AM IRON MAN!

Thank you

Luvvles - JJL"

You're welcome!

4. sickquad

sickquad 1/2 ton status

I have some good cover letter info. Email me and I think I can help you out.

mick@coe.neu.edu

5. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

Word has a resume wizard and also helps with a cover letter!

6. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

I cover letter is an introduction. It should be short but to the point - "I read your ad in (newspaper, publication, etc.) and I'm very interested in this position."

I can PM or email an example if you wish.