Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Found a new supplier for high angel shafts..50 deg C/V joint

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chaz88K5, Mar 20, 2002.

1. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

Driveline service of stockton has a new set up...its a huge C/V shaft..looks very beefy..they should have the specs up on their web page within a few weeks...i saw it today and my jaw hit the floor...it has a 50 deg angle max i dont know what the stock fronts are but i know they are no where neer that...but from the looks of em they would be great for a rear shaft too...if i get a chance ill will stop by their shop tommorow and get a few pics of it...from what they told me its goin to be kinda pricy for about the 1st year just because they have 4 hours of lathe time just machining parts to modify it..but they are hoping to be able to order the parts how they need them so they wont have to machine them but untill then they are very expensive..but look like they could handle anything thrown at em..the guy that orig built the first one put it on a 87 k5 with 39.5" swampers and they were dumpin the clutch, burning out, doin everything they could think of to try to break it...nothin they could do did anything to it...i will hopfully have the pics of it posted on my webshots page so stay tuned

2. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

What size joints do they use? 1350? 1410?, etc, etc....
    Boss

3. Grim-Reaper

Grim-Reaper 3/4 ton status Author

Yeah Everybody is copping Jesse's set up. I think his are good for 80 degrees. He's also using 1350's.

4. greg83k5

greg83k5 1/2 ton status

if the prices are comparative, i'm all about "keepin' it in the family " and getting mine from Highangle when the time comes. that dude come in here from time to time, and has intimate knowledge of exactly what different GM setups need.

jesse needs a better website, with pictures, descriptions and prices for the "from the shelf" type pieces. some tech articles too.....

greg

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I am with you on the keeping it in the family. Jesse is a good guy. Even if these new high angle driveshafts are cheaper I will still get mine from Jesse because I know his work is quality.

6. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

i doubt they well be cheeper but they will be alot stronger...the joints in the c/v its self is bigger than a 1350(i cant remember exactly what size they told me it was)...it has grease zerks on the end of each cap and another one to get the center of the cv.....i dident make it by their shop befor 5 today so i will try again tommorow and get some pics of this thing...

7. BILLY RAY

BILLY RAY 1/2 ton status

YEA JESSE IS A GREAT GUY. I WILL KEEP BUYING PARTS FROM HIM. USE WHO YOU KNOW BECAUSE YOU WILL KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO GET.

8. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

the only reason i go with driveline service is that i am good friends with both the guys that work there...when i did my one ton swap i scored a deal for my old set of 33's for front and rear shafts./forums/images/icons/laugh.gif