Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Found an OUTSTANDING drive line service today!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by colbystephens, Dec 11, 2006.

1. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Went to Driveline Tech here in Portland. The service was absolutely outstanding. I can't speak more highly of the service. I broke my front driveshaft on saturday, so i went in to them to have that taken care of as well as have my rear balanced so that i don't rattle my brains out when i drive to AZ this week.

[​IMG]

I was not a high-dollar customer, particularly compared to the custom products and fabrication done here, but I sure was treated that way. I came in on a moment's notice and he made sure to have me ready to go to AZ tomorrow, and ready to wheel with the AZ crew next week.

I'd post up pics of my pieces, but they weren't built by Driveline Tech, just repaired and improved. I don't have any pictures of his heavy-duty equipment, but it's impressive.

Apparently Driveline Tech has been written up with high reviews in magazines like Peterson's - and I certainly understand why. :) I'd definitely recommend anyone to their service - they ship out, so order up!

Last edited: Dec 11, 2006
  2. 85-m1028

85-m1028 1/2 ton status

Your lucky!! I went to a driveline shop and they told me I could buy a new one or they could "try" and balance my shaft with no gaurante and it would take 2weeks!!!

3. colbystephens

colbystephens 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

my driveshaft was quite out of balance, so it really shook above 50mph. but they were able to bring this shaft to a point REALLY clost to within spec - no more vibes for me! really went the extra mile.

4. crawford

crawford 1/2 ton status

I'll second that. I took my HAD to them to lengthen and it came back looking even better than when brand new and the price was very reasonable and they had it done in a day.

5. roadnotca

roadnotca 3/4 ton status

Their "dot.com" provider looks trick also, Go-Daddy. :D