Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Found another blazer...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by MrArmyAnt, Nov 5, 2005.

1. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

Texas, Kick a$$! (Grapevine, DFW; also Norman, OK)
    http://www.autoextra.com/vehicledetail/adid-25290546/do-printable

305, supposedly no rust, minor surface rust on frame. wants 1850, firm. Can still get other one at 1500. What do ya'll think? I really want something larger than a 305, might as well go with a jeep with an inline 6.

2. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a good price to me

3. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

I'm looking in the dallas area, they are a ways away though. So far there the only ones i've found that have listed a cheap blazer. If I could find private sellers around here I know I could shag one cheaper, so keep ya'lls eyes out! Specially fellow DFW'ers. I am going to call some off road shop to see if they know where some are.

4. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

If I find a blazer that looks that good for 1500.00 I buy it and resell it and pocket a grand. I don't know if you will find one cheaper, thats not a POS anyway.

5. HOSS874X4

HOSS874X4 1/2 ton status

Go To Auto Trader .com For Private Sealers In The Dfw Area Always A Lot Of Cheap Rust Free Blazers On That Web Site

6. rocknutah

rocknutah Registered Member

I've never heard of a deer lease. ?????

7. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

Your kidding, right?

8. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Yeah, I rent them all the time. Ride them to the store, have them do my laundry, whatever. Be sure to get the open ended lease on them in case they don't do what you tell em to.

9. 77crewcab

77crewcab 1/2 ton status

A deer lease is a lease of hunting rights for a piece of land. Basically the owner of the land lets people pay to hunt on their land and the lease is usually for the season. There is also quail, rabbit, turkey leases for those seasons often it is the same piece of land just rented out for the various hunting seasons.

10. rocknutah

OK. Around here they call it a landowner permit. The way it sounded, it was available for use during the season. Could be a lucrative business if they were outfitted right.
    More often hunters are parking their shiny 50 thousand dollar trucks on the flat and taking their banshees up in the scrub. A K5 is sure alot more comfortable in weather or trying to bring an animal out.

11. 77crewcab

77crewcab 1/2 ton status

I grew up in the country with the closest neighbor over 25 miles away. We never leased our land out, only allowed family to hunt there. The big advantage was having wildlife walk right up in the yard. It was not uncommon to have deer, turkey, wild hogs, pheasant, quail, dove and rabbit come with in 20 feet of the front door. I got a nice 6x6 buck by sitting on our deck and using the rail to shoot from a bech position. Total distance about 25 yards.

12. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

Also, since many k5's have sliding rear windows, you can just pop a little tv in the back with food, leave the rear window and side windows open a bit, and its like hunting indoors :)

13. rocknutah

I guess since snow isn't a factor on a Texas hunt, getting in and out of high country wouldn't be an issue. You get a good storm thru here, 3 feet or better overnight, you can get a lot of guys stuck up top. All it takes is one guy having trouble going up or coming down.
    I'm sorry if my question seemed so ridiculous, but I had never seen "deer lease" in a truck ad.
    The family has about 3000 acres up north, prime for deer and elk, we've
    been issuing "landowner permits" for years. No one was ever supplied with a truck.
    Don't assume someone is a dumbass because they haven't heard a regional term.

14. 77crewcab

77crewcab 1/2 ton status

A lot of folk use atv's to haul game out. For some of the large commercial guided hunt places in the hill country and south Texas they have roads throughout the land and you just have to take it to the road and load into a truck. Many places you can actually drive right out to where the game is. For just the average land owner it can be a good income. We have a little over 1k acres of land that is not cultivated and can be hunted on. We could easily lease it out for about $300 per lease per season and be able to have five leases per season. So basically $1500 per season. Usually a group of 3-5 guys will go in together on a lease to split the cost.

15. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

Never assumed you were a dumbass, just given a northerner a hard time, all in fun. :D

3k acres would be fun.

16. rocknutah

It's great country! Pastures low, sage and oak brush leading up into the aspen and pine on top. Deer, elk, and moose from top to bottom with cougar, bear, fox, coyote, and they've even had some wolf sightings up there. They think it's part of the Yellowstone pack.
    You can sit in the front yard of the house and watch the deer and elk move up and down from the pastures, in the morning and evening. Listen to the coyotes call back and forth at night, with elk bugling during the rut. It's a primal sound, doesnt get any better than that.
    It borders forest service on top. There where a lot of great trails up there, but they've been tagged off limits, along with access from our side. Still alot open though.
    About the only time you see any traffic up there is during the hunting seasons, other than that it stays pretty quiet.
    Did'nt mean to be so thin skinned. Take care and enjoy Texas.

17. MrArmyAnt

MrArmyAnt 1/2 ton status

18. mini_mull

mini_mull 1/2 ton status

HIGHJACK ON: Hey, rocknutah, where's your land, and what landowner tags do you sell at what $? email me the info if you can @ minimullmail-burb@yahoo.com we're always looking for a new place to hunt. HIGHJACK OFF

Good luck on your hunt MrArmyAnt. Both look decent, but it's hard to tell from pics.