Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Found another K-5 but,,,,,

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Southport, Mar 10, 2003.

1. Southport

Southport Newbie

I been driving a '79 for 3 years now, but the rust is winning. Stumbled on to a '87 that's for sell. Got a couple questions. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif First what kind of mileage can I exspect will TBI? Is this '87 worth the $5500 asking price? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif No rust apparrent, new paint 2 years ago. Motor rebuilt by owner August 2002. At about the same time transmission went through, brakes and rotors, and new exhaust, all work done by shop. Has a 3" lift with 10" Aluminum rims. Interier shows age but is not abused.

2. BLZN4FN

BLZN4FN 1/2 ton status

Here is a little info mt 88 tbi 350 has 155k original motor
    I paid 2,200 for a rust free K5 in great shape. But the 87
    maybe worth the 5,500 only you can decide that. Also please fill our your profile so we know who and where your at.
    Thanks

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

The question should be is it worth that much to you. Depending on what part of the country you're in has alot to do with how much something is worth.

4. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

I bought my '88 for $1,700. That's with NO lift, NO new paint, NO new exhaust et.all plus the head Gasket needed to be rebuilt and there is rust to contend with.
    I'd say it seems like a good deal to me. Have you looked at any others? If yes, are they priced that much lower?

5. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

mine has 2 rust spots....nothin a lil body work wont cure
    $5700 for mine
    [​IMG]

6. NoAngel

NoAngel 1/2 ton status

I'd say if it looks as good as tecton's does(above)and since it's around the same price, then go for it!